Chapter 19: Adventure awaits

It had been a few days since the talk with the king, and over those few days the three had went over the plan.

Renee was in her small room, packing clothes in a bag for their trip. Elias gave her dresses and other things so she wouldn't have to wear her uniform the entire time.

The 5 were set to leave at night, they needed to leave and get there in secret. Food and other things were stored on the boat, it would take a couple days to get there.

She headed out of her room, walking down the empty maid halls since everyone else was working. Not many knew they were leaving, only knowing the prince was going to be gone for a little bit.

It was coming past dinner time, she had a grey cloak on as she roamed the halls. Her satchel was crossed over her shoulders, and she headed to the horse stables.

Parker was down there, making sure everything was in place before he had to leave. He looked over as Renee entered, the sun was going down.

"Hey, you almost ready to leave?" She asked, his bag on one of the barrels. "Yeah, I'm just making sure that things are in place before we leave. You got your bag?" "Yeah, everything is packed. Now we just need Prince Elias."

The two walked back inside, Renee following Parker up to Elias' room to see if he was ready. Parker knocked on the door, Elias opening it up. Elias stood there, the laces of his white v neck shirt undone. He was wearing black pants, and he was rolling up his sleeves.

Renee blushed slightly, looking down at the ground to avoid her gaze at her. Elias knew the affect he had on her, but he wanted to play dumb a little. "What's wrong Renee? Got a fever?" He asked in an innocent tone, causing her to blush harder as Parker laughed.

She took a deep breath, growing her confidence up a bit and standing up straight. She brought her head up and looked at him. "Are you ready to leave?"

"Yes, I am actually. Let's get down to the boats." Elias turned, grabbing his bag before the three headed downstairs. Walking out of the castle they headed to the gates.

Once the guards saw the Prince head toward the gates, they pulled a lever, the gates opening to the three. They were trying to stay away from the public eye, not needing anyone to see them. There wasn't many people out since it was night, but there were a few.

When they made it to their boat, Leonardo and Damien, the guards, were already there waiting. "Are you sure we should see the witch you were talking about?" Elias asked.

"If you want me staying here, then yes. I could just leave instead. Or you all should stay here so I can get what we need."

"Absolutely not." He replied immediately, earning her a sigh from his lips. "Let's get out of here, it's gonna be a long night." Parker says, not wanting an argument to start.

"Son, come help me with this sail!" Leonardo calls out to Parker, who was on the ship and messing with the sail ropes. Parker went over, crossing the platform and stepping onto the ship. Renee and Elias soon followed, before a few men stepped up.

"Prince Elias?" The eldest called out, Elias turning around. "George, good to see you again." Elias said as he walked over, shaking the mans hand while smiling a bit. "I presume my father asked you to be the captain for our trip?" "Best captain I. The kingdom, why wouldn't he?" George chuckled.

George seemed to be around his 50s, his hair graying as well as his beard. He was known to be the best captain the kingdom has ever had, as well as his crew. "It's going to be a few days trip, boy. Are you sure you all are up for it?"

"For what we need, I would go to the ends of the earth for." Elias answered, turning and looking at Renee, who was helping a few things on board.

After a few more talking, they all were on, taking off as George and his crew had the boat sailed off. They had some maps as well, needing to know where to go.

"Your highness," George called out, Elias turning and looking at him. "Don't you and your mates bother helping us with the ship, we can handle it towards morning." He would say kindly. "You sure? We don't mind helping George."

"It's all right, and for the money your father paid it's all worth it." George gave them a smile, Renee watching as they all talked. She gave a small smile to him, which he returned to her.

"Welp, I'm gonna hit the hay everyone. Elias, you still sleeping in the fancy bedroom you said I could stay in?" Parker asked, Elias giving him a nod. "You got it, it's downstairs above the servants floor."

"Sir yes sir." Parker responded teasingly, grabbing his bag and heading down to the room. Renee grabbed hers as well, walking towards the stairs before he stopped her.

"What are you doing?" Elias asked her, Renee looking back at him confused. "Going to bed?" She said in a questioning tone, confused by why he was asking.

"Come on, you don't need to sleep all the way down there." He took her hand, going over to the other side of the boat where a trap door was. He opened it up, revealing a set of stairs that lead to a room. The room was nicely done, a bed inside and a desk. The room was fit for a royal.

He lead her down the stairs, still holding her hand. "Why am I in here?" She would ask, looking around. "Stay in bed with me, Renee." He placed a hand down on her cheek, his eyes faintly seeing the blush on her face from the low lighting.

"Stay in bed? Like-..sleeping in the same bed together..?" She asked shyly, bitting her bottom lip nervously.

"You have no idea what that does to me." He thought.

"Yes, Renee. With me." The reaction he got out of her was priceless to him, he loved it so much. "A-Are you sure?" She stuttered. "100% positive." He reassured, wanting her to agree. "O-ok.." She set down her bag, opening it up and looking inside.

Elias sat down on his bed, letting out a tired sigh. The ship began to ascend from the port, heading in the direction of Tapitor, France. "You can change inside my closet, and I'll change out here for you." He spoke, directing to the closet. She nodded, grabbing a nightgown she packed and headed inside.

After a few minutes she was done, opening up the door a little and peaked out slightly. She didn't want to invade his privacy.

Elias sat on the bed, wearing a night shirt and loose trousers most would wear to bed. She came out, his brown eyes looking up to see her. Her eyes met his, watching as he stood up and walked over. His hand settled down onto her waist, the other onto her cheek. He listened as her breath hitched a little.

"You have no idea what you do to me.." He muttered, lust in his eyes. She hesitated before slowly wrapping her arms around his waist, coming closer to him.

That was enough for him to lean in, kissing her deeply. Her arms wrapped around his neck loosely as she returned the kiss back, her heart racing.

After a few moments he pulled away, knowing he couldn't let this get too far.

"Come on, love. Let's get to bed. Adventure awaits."

.