Chapter 14: Golden Roses.

The sun shone through the windows, settling on Renee's eyelids as she slept peacefully. She slowly opened them, rubbing her eyes gently before looking away from the bright light.

A soft yawn came from her lips as she stretched slightly, opening her eyes slightly as something caught her eye.

"Well good morning, beautiful." Elias spoke, sitting across from his bed on the sofa in his room. He had slept there last night, staying with her incase she ever needed anything.

"Good morning.." She said softly, slowly sitting up as she felt cold air hit her chest. Elias suddenly covered his eyes to give her privacy.

"Heh, Renee, you're still-.." She looked down, realizing her breasts were still exposed from the night before. She gasped, grabbing the blanket and quickly covering herself. "I-uh.."

Elias laughed, hearing her cover herself before taking his hand off his eyes and standing up. "It's alright, love."

He walked over and sat on the side of the bed next to her, a smirk creeping on his face. "I wouldn't have minded seeing you like that." She felt her cheeks heat up watching him lean in as their lips touched.

He placed his hand on her cheek, gently kissing her as she shyly kissed back. "Before everything happened, I had fun last night." He mumbled softly. He deepened the kiss, becoming addicted to her soft lips as she kissed back.

The door suddenly opened and Parker looked at the two, before laughing and looking away. The two looked at him, an annoyed look on Elias' face with Renee looking embarrassed.

"Woah- sorry, seems like every time I see you too I cock-block the situation." He laughed more as Renee hid under the covers, flustered as all. Elias rolled his eyes.

"Get out, you dummy." Elias said while getting up, pushing Parker out the door. He was about to shut it when Parker stopped. "Woah woah! I didn't come here for nothing, I was just checking how she was doing. Your parents are looking for you too." Elias swore under his breath, sighing to himself. "I'll see them soon."

He shut the door, turning and seeing Renee step out of bed weakly with a blanket over her shoulders, covering her body.

"Woah, careful love." He said while walking over, placing his hand on her back. "I-I was just going to use the bathroom and change." She would say.

"Alright, let me help you walk there." He slowly helped her get to the bathroom, getting her the silk nightgown and undergarments he got for her and setting them on the sink. She gave him a soft smile, before shutting the door.

Renee leaned against the sink, taking off the blanket. She looked down, seeing the bandage wrapped around her. She placed on the new undergarments she was given and then the nightgown, seeing it was most likely brand new. It wasn't hers, maids would never get something like this.

After she opened the bathroom door to leave, she was immediately scooped up by Elias and placed on the bed. She laughed a little, looking at her knight in shinning armor happily. He smiled at her, kissing her forehead. He was going to take care of her, whether she was injured or not.

Queen Melissa sat in her room, brushing her long brown hair as she was at her vanity. She was still in her long blue nightgown from the night before, humming softly to herself.

She was a bit anxious about what happened last night, still on edge about the attack. She glanced in the mirror, looking at her sleeping husband in the back.

That girl at the party, I've never seen her before.

She kept questioning who she was, wondering if she was a princess, or possibly the daughter of someone they had connections with.