Chapter 27: Our son.

Melissa stood there, a bloody dagger in her hand.

Everyone was in complete shock. Queen Melissa of Ledonya, a dagger in her hand, just saved everyone by murdering a dangerous sorcerer. But, he wasn't dead. The sorcerer laid there, a potion in his hand as he drank it. King William stood, gently pushing his wife away to keep her away from danger. He pulled out his sword, stabbing the man in the stomach as he groaned in pain. "Go to hell." He said, anger in his eyes.

"I'll see you there." Was his last words, before he snapped his fingers and disappeared. Everyone was just frozen, no one saying a word. Renee carefully got up and ran over to Elias, putting down pressure on his wound. He hissed painfully, clenching his jaw tightly. "Fuck!" He yelled, groaning more. William and Melissa went over, helping up their son. Melissa took a table cloth from the hall table, blood soaking into it as she pressed it on. Parker went to his father, tearing down the barricade holding his father away.

Renee had tears in her eyes, coming down silently as she watched her love hiss in pain. William looked at Leonardo, making sure he was ok before giving him a command. "Leonardo, gather up the uninjured guards and search the castle to make sure none of those disgraces are still here. After that send guards out into the village and bring them to doctors, as well as the injured guards. The people are still hiding in the rooms, take them back. Corpses must go down to the morgue."

Leonardo complied, William turning to his wife and Renee. "Get him to his room, and quickly have a nurse and doctor there."

Parker went over, helping bring Elias upstairs. He groaned, Renee still adding down pressure to his wound. They gently laid him down onto his bed once getting him there, pain and anger in his eyes.

"I'll get a doctor." Melissa said, rushing out of the room. Parker looked at the two, before following Melissa out of the room. Elias laid there, sighing and groaning a little. He turned his head toward Renee, a tear running down her face. "What's wrong, love?" He would ask, using his good arm as he gently caressed her cheek.

"You got hurt, I should've done something before it could have happened to you." She sniffled softly, his hand wiping away her tears. "Beautiful, you have already done so much protecting this kingdom. Without you there, Charlotte could've been killed, so many other guards would be dead and my father and I would be dead. Who knows what they could've done after, they could have went and killed my poor mother. You are our savior, our angel." He gave her a soft smile, causing a small smile to crawl onto her face.

Melissa came in shortly, a doctor and a few nurses following. They held disinfectant and gauze, as well as a few needles and stitching thread. Renee moved out of the way so they could help him, before she felt him grab her hand. "Stay." He said softly, gently pulling her over.

The doctor checked how deep the wound was, and for him he was lucky that it wasn't too major. He squeezed her hand a bit when the needle was put through, before relaxing a bit and letting out a breath. Renee moved a little closer, kneeling down on the floor as she stayed with him. She bit the corner of her lip slightly, hesitating before gently pressing a kiss down on his hand.

The two nurses and doctor were taken back a bit by her gesture, their love had been kept a secret, but it was now slowly unraveling for all to see. People knew she was a servant, a maid to be specific, which is why they were extremely confused when seeing her wear regular clothes, as well as pants for a matter of fact. What was even more shocking for them was the sorcery they had seen, as well as her powers.

Melissa stood back, watching their love progress as Renee got slightly more comfortable with it. She had her arms wrapped around herself, a small smile on her face even when all whole fight happened. Watching them reminded her of when she was Renees age, how she would send William love letters back and forth once they discovered they were to be married.

As if he practically heard her thoughts, William walked in, eyeing all the people at Elias' side. He went over to his wife, confused on why she was smiling. His arms wrapped around her, one of her hands holding his as he pressed a small kiss down on her cheek.

"To what do I owe seeing this small yet beautiful smile on your face?" He asked her, looking down at her lovingly. "Our son really is in love." She said simply, still eyeing the two. William looked past her, past the doctors and nurses and to his son and his pride and joy.

Elias looked a little surprised by her gesture as well, but he could only smile. He gave her a slight knowing look, causing her cheeks to turn a soft pink. He scrunched up his face, small giggles emitting from her lips.

The doctor wrapped gauze around his arm over the stitches, stepping away. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me up." The doctor said to him. "Thank you, you're a life saver every time." The doctor smiled at him, the two maids giving a curtsy as a sign of respect before they all left.

"Feeling any better?" Renee asked him, Elias turning his head and looking at her. "Always when I am with you." He said as he slowly and carefully sat up, his hand reaching over and gently grabbing her face and pulling her over. He went to lean in for a kiss, Renee letting him before she heard footsteps and the king and queen approaching them.

She quickly stood, feeling it will forever be her right to show them respect. She went to grab her dress...and she wasn't wearing one. She stood there for a moment, trying to think of what to before she simply bowed. Elias rolled his eyes, the action not going unnoticed as Renee glanced at him.

Melissa reached down, tilting Renees head up so she would look at the two. "Your bravery, my dear, baffles me on how you don't think twice about stepping in to save the ones you love and deeply care for. This is not the first, but the second time you have saved me and my family's life. How can I repay you?" William asked, a sincere look in his eyes. Renee stood up straight, really not knowing what to say to them.

She thought for a moment on what to say to them, glancing over at Elias who gently took her hand back into his. She looked back up at the king and queen, knowing her answer. "There really isn't anything you can give me, I have everything I could ever dream of right here." She smiled softly, Melissa stepping forward.

"You truly have a heart pure of gold, my dear. And what I can see, someone clearly has captured it." Melissa spoke, her eyes going to Elias. He smiled, seeing pink go onto her cheeks. He stifled a laugh, thinking it was cute how she got flustered easily.

William let out a light chuckle, smiling as well. "Renee, your bravery will not go unknown. Thank you, for everything." He took his wife's hand, leading them out of the room and leaving Renee and Elias. Elias rough but softly pulled Renee over, Renee not expecting this as she was bent over him slightly and her had on his bed to keep balance.

He pressed their lips together, feeling eager after she pulled away when his parents came over. He knew they were in the room, he just didn't care. After a moment they pulled away, Renee red once again as she looked at Elias.

He smirked, loving the look on her face. He glanced down at her legs, before back at her face. "You should wear pants more often." He teased, causing her to roll her eyes and playfully hit him as he chuckled.

.