Chapter 5: I'm a monster.

It had been 2 weeks since the royal family from Tapitor had arrived in Ledonya, a ball being prepared at the princess' request for her supposed proposal.

Renee had nervously been trying to avoid Elias, never dealing with love before made her scared. She didn't know what she should do, but it wasn't just the romance involved.

She was nervous her powers might take a hold of itself, from its reaction in the garden she was terrified she might hurt him, or her powers would be revealed. It gave her horrible anxiety.

The haunting memory of the man chasing her down when she was just a child replayed in her head over and over again.

How ice shot through his heart.

The blood trickling down the ice.

The pale look on his face.

She shivered just at the thought of it, walking down the halls of the castle to get to the kitchen so she could help with dinner. There were three more people dinning with them now, so more food had to be made.

She took a few deep breaths, calming herself down from her thoughts. She didn't want her anxiety intervening with her work.

She suddenly felt a hand grab her arm, the hand emerging quickly from a bedroom. She gasped, squealing softly as she was pulled inside and the door was slammed shut.

She looked up, her back being pressed up against the door, Elias pinning her to it. He had a look of desire and pure dominance in his eyes, staring down at the girl he grabbed.

Her eyebrows raised slightly as he looked down at her, her cheeks turning a soft pink. "Y-Your highness.." She stuttered, glancing at his hands on each of her arms as he pinned her.

"You've been avoiding me, love.." He would say huskily, in a low voice. It made her shudder, looking straight into his eyes. He knew the effect he had on her, he loved it. She was adorable in his eyes.

"N-No I haven't.." She lied. Smooth, good going. She thought to herself, nervous that she lied, but hoping that it worked. Her gaze was away from him now.

"Don't lie, I can tell when you are. I've know you for years, darling." He gently lifted her chin so she was looking at him, seeing her swallow hard made him smirk.

Dammit.

She made confidence rise in him, feeling the need to be even more flirty than he was with her.

"Was it because of the garden?" He would say innocently, gently tucking a curl behind her ear as she nervously looked away once more.

"I-Uhm.." She mumbled. "Was it because we were close together, like we are now?" He teased more, loving to see her all flustered.

"I-I should get back to work.." She tried to push away from his pin, but he ended up just pushing her back down.

"Renee.." He said softly, making her heart flutter. "Don't try and get away from me, I know you feel what I feel." He spoke truthfully. "W-We can't, you have a princess waiting to marry you."

"I don't want to marry Princess Mare, and you know why." He would say truthfully.

Princess Mare was just as he expected, snobbish, rude, annoying and just selfish. Renee knew this too.

In the two weeks that the royal family from Tapitor had been in Ledonya, they have been nothing but rude to the servants and other workers. Especially Mare, and the worst part was Renee was set to be her maid, specifically.

"You're set to marry her, I'm sure she is just trying to get used to being here. It's a big change after all." She tried to make him believe.

Renee knew she was falling in love with him, she could feel it.

But what would happen..

What would happen when he would find her secret?

About how she killed?

How she was a monster..

"I cannot do this Renee.." Elias begged, his grip loosening on her. He sighed, sadly laying his head down on her shoulder, surprising Renee.

"Darling.." He whispered huskily, making her shiver. "You've been on my mind since day one..Every day you've been with me unless I was away. I'm in love with you, I feel it. And I know you feel it too.."

Her heart raced, Renee's palms pressed against the walls. She could feel her power growing,  ice emerging onto the wall. "No no no.." She mumbled, making his head rise.

"What's wrong?" He asked, and without putting her hands on him, she grabbed the door knob. She was scared of hurting him.

The door knob suddenly froze, making her quickly back away. She had a look of fear on her face, her hand shaking. Elias looked at her confused, before looking at the wall and door.

"Renee.." He would say, her breath hitching as he looked at her anxious body. His voice was filled with shock, but no fear involved. He could see the fear in her eyes though.

He took a step closer, causing her to step back. She bumped into his night stand, causing her hand to instinctively grab the edge. The edge of the nightstand froze, and she quickly pulled it away.

"Renee, just-" Elias started. "No no no- please I don't wanna hurt you.." She pleaded, him backing her up into a corner.

"Just calm down.." He gently placed a hand down on her tense body, causing her to flinch. She was hyperventilating, shaking slightly.

Ice was on the fingertips of her hands, and he gently took one. But she pulled away.

"P-Prince Elias, I'm a monster.." She spoke sadly, looking scared and ashamed. He knew she needed a little space, backing away before remembering something.

He went to his nightstand, the one with the edge frozen. He opened it, taking out a frozen rose and pulling it out. Her eyes looked at it, not knowing what to say.

"You did this, no?" He asked, to where she nodded.

"You create beautiful things. You, my darling, are no monster.."

.