Chaper 13: Truths revealed.

"She's your daughter, isn't she?" Parker broke the uncomfortable silence between the two. The king was silent.

"Same eyes, same hair, same scowl on your twos faces..how could you want to kill your own blood?" Parker was shocked, but angry.

King Francois just scoffed at the mention of her, shaking his head. "She was never supposed to be born, the poison should've killed her! Both her and her whore mother! Now I know she's still alive and where she had been I won't stop hunting her!" He yelled, anger fuming from him.

"How could you do that!"

"I'm not wasting my time on you, peasant!" He growled, getting in the carriage as guards ushered him away.

Parker stormed inside, going straight back into the infirmary.

"Renee, it will be ok. I promise." Elias was gently caressing her cheek, his beautiful love shaking and crying as the nurse try to gently apply the stitches to her. Renee had a towel placed over her breasts, and a blanket starting at her hips to give privacy.

"Take a deep breath, and stay awake ok?" "I'm trying.." She said softly, holding his hand with her small one. He placed a gentle kiss down on it, continuing to caress her.

Soon the stitches were over, medicine applied and bandages wrapped around her to keep it secure. One of the nurses began to prepare a bed for her to stay in, before Elias stopped her.

"No, no, I'll have her in my room for the night to watch her. You guys all rest, thank you." He spoke with the nurses, Renee opening her eyes and looking up at him.

"J-Just take me to my room, it's fine.." She said tiredly. "Absolutely not, you need to be somewhere comfortable. Don't even worry about work, You'll be off until you heal."

"I'm not supposed to do that.."

"I wasn't asking, love." He pulled the blanket over her, tucking it under before he lifted her up into his arms. She practically melted, leaning her head against his chest.

He carried her down the halls and upstairs to his room, opening the door and reaching down. He pulled back the blankets of his bed, placing her down gently before covering her with the blanket. Lightning struck outside, light shinning through the window.

Elias leaned down, giving her a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Rest, my love. I'll be right back. He made sure she was comfortable before he headed out, quietly closing his door so it would be quiet.

"Elias?" Parker called out when they were no longer in the infirmary, Elias spotting him down the hall.

"Quiet down, I just got her to sleep. Give me a second, I'm going to get a nightgown  for her." Before he could walk off, Parker stopped him. "We have more problems than her needing a nightgown right now."
Elias furrowed his eyebrows, a questioning look on his face.

Parker lead him back to his room, opening the door. Renee was awake, her eyes heavy as she looked up at the two. "Can't this wait till morning?" Elias questioned. Parker shook his head, before going over and kneeling down next to his bed where Renee was.

"Renee, you said that it was just you and your mother when you were younger, right?" Parker asked her, speaking softly since she was tired.