Chapter 41: She doesnt even know!

Mare shot fire forward, a shocked Renee nervously ducking at the unexpected powers Mare was using.

Mare didn't stop there, setting the ground bellow Renee in fire. Renee shot ice at the ground, stopping it all from spreading to any of the buildings and houses people called home.

She hated all of this, she didn't want to hurt Mare or anyone in general. But she didn't have a choice, she needed to defend herself and her kingdom.

Ice shot up at Mare, making her stumble back a bit before melting them into water. Fire was thrown towards Renee, who was nervously fighting against the burning heat.

Heat always made her feel weak, and in this moment it scared her. On top of that, Renee had never fought someone with powers similar to her own, all of this caught her off guard like intended to.

With a swift motion of her hands, ice like pillars shot it from the ground, creating steps as they continued to rise, allowing her to get up on a roof. She had them disappear, Mare groaning since she couldn't get up in time.

Renee froze, glancing around to see the war surrounded. Guards fighting guards, Ledonya soldiers protecting the innocent with their lives, Elias sword fighting with two guards.

She panicked, using her powers to impale the two that were trying to take away the person she loved the most.

"Distraction is never a good thing!" Mare yelled, Renee looking down in horror. The building she was on was now ablaze, black smoke rising up. She coughed, covering her mouth while using the other hand in attempts to put out the blaze.

She felt the roof below her begin to crumble, hearing a yell in the distance.

"Renee!" Yelled Elias' frantic voice, running toward her. He had no idea what Mare had been capable of. Renee screamed, knowing she would destroy him.

In a scared moment, she ran off the roof, jumping once she got to the edge, the smoke in her face fading as she got closer to the ground.

Swift and quickly, a large mound of snow appeared, breaking her fall. She stumbled while getting up, running to where Mare was.

Elias had his sword drawn, going toward the armored she-devil. Mare turned around, fire coming right toward him. His eyes widened, shock filling him. Before it could hit him, a large snow ball broke the impact, saving him from the fire.

Parker appeared, jumping off the horse and right in front of Mare. His sword hung high, Mare caught off guard as her eyes widened. Unfortunately, with the snap off her fingers, she and her guards all disappeared.

Everyone was left confused, scared and worried, as they all looked around.

Renee made sure she was gone, before using ice to put out the burned down building, her hands shaking. Elias went over, seeing his wife looking weak and tired.

"Are you alright?" He asked, eyeing her up and down to see if she had any injuries. She leaned against him slightly, taking a deep breath. He knew something was up, but he wasn't sure what.

"I've never felt this weak and tired after using my powers, I don't know what's wrong." She looked up at him with worry in her eyes.

"Maybe it's from the fire, let's get you inside and have you lay down. Ok?" He kissed her temple, guiding her inside.

Parker stood by himself, looking around at the disaster that just happened.

——

Days went on, the people of Ledonya trying to get back to normal after the traumatic events that went on.