Fourteen

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝕹𝖔 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚.

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

━━━━━━━Edmund

ALTHOUGH HE'D been tempted to not go to school on Monday, Cornelia had convinced him that he shouldn't miss his studies. She would still be there when he got back, after all— a concept he reminded himself of constantly, each time feeling a burst of happiness at the thought. She would be there!

When Thursday came, he happily woke his soulmate up early in the morning (much to her annoyance) and even endured her complaining ("remind me again why I couldn't have taken the bus by myself this afternoon?") as they got ready to leave. He was quite pleased when she fell asleep against him during the hour-plus ride so he could keep sneaking glances at her without catching her attention. Even though it had been several days now and she'd clearly recovered from any lingering shock, a part of this still seemed like some wonderful dream and he had to keep reminding himself that it was real.

They arrived in Oxford on time and with great enthusiasm, Edmund lead his soulmate across campus to the Bodleian which had become his and Peter's designated meeting place. His brother had hardly believed him when he'd explained the events that had happened and so he made it a point that, during Peter's free morning, he would take Cornelia around the college.

At the sight of his older brother, the girl immediately brightened and he felt a rush of excitement across their bond as she called out, "Peter! Peter!" before she took off and ran towards the older Pevensie.

He was obviously surprised at the sudden hug but returned it readily, his amazement apparent when they parted, "I thought Ed had finally gone mad but by Jove, he was right after all!"

Edmund glowered at him, "of course I wasn't imagining it, you idiot. You should have believed me in the first place."

Peter grinned at the girl, "from the way he went on about you, one would've thought you were just in the other room so I had to be sure." He chuckled as the younger boy swatted him, his face turning pink.

"I didn't do that!"

"Yes you did," the other boy sang mockingly before repeating his words to the girl, "he did."

Cornelia giggled at the interaction as Edmund huffed, "whatever," he said, using one of his soulmate's favorite phrases, "anyway, I expect you to take her on the full tour and to make sure she's okay, because I swear if you lose her—"

He felt her hand slide into his as she gave him a reassuring squeeze, "I'll be alright, Eddie. It's not like I don't know how to get help."

"Still," he grumbled, looking pointedly at Peter.

"Don't you have class now?" his brother asked with a smirk.

"I'll see you later," Cornelia promised him and although he'd hoped that she would kiss him goodbye, he felt his face warm further as she stood on the tips of her feet to place a light kiss on his nose, causing him to scrunch it slightly as his cheeks reddened.

Next to them, Peter made a gagging noise.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

After his classes were finished for the day, Edmund met up with Cornelia again and together, they made their way to Magdalen College where her grandfather had his rooms. As they approached the building, he noticed that her grip on her backpack straps was unnecessarily tight (and he only made note of this because she wasn't holding his hand.)