Three

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝕮𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖈𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖞,
𝖎𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

[winter, year 1000-01]

━━━━━━━Cornelia

WHILE TALKING to Edmund hadn't gotten any easier, thankfully everything else had. It was nice that all five of them ran the kingdom, lessening their duties overall while making sure that they shared power equally. Having an eidetic memory helped as well and made memorizing the different customs and traditions of other lands much easier which often made her the cause of light jealousy among the Pevensies (though, as she liked to say, remembering something didn't necessarily mean that she understood it.)

Christmas had come and gone and Susan was in the beginning stages of planning their first summer ball. She often complained that she should have started this months ago and Peter and Edmund were bad influences on her (Lucy and Cornelia made sure to reassure her often.) The dark-haired queen proposed that they invite dignitaries from all the lands around Narnia, from Calormene to Archenland, even the Southern Isles and the mermaids (Peter made the mistake of wondering aloud how the latter was supposed to dance and narrowly avoided being decapitated by an inkpot.)

To escape Susan's wrath (as she had the habit of asking the opinions of anyone nearby, only to immediately chose the opposite option), Cornelia spent a lot of time outside. The winter had been surprisingly mild which she chalked up to the land recovering from it's hundred years' worth of snow and ice. While the gardens had maintained their flowering pattern and most of the plants were bare, they were still nice to walk around in and Lucy often tagged along with her.

She also made sure to spend some time practicing with her bow and arrow, not wanting to rely on emotion to be able to shoot accurately. She'd improved greatly and could now reliably hit the ring directly outside the bullseye instead of missing the target completely. Sometimes, however, she still did miss but not because of poor skill— the archery range was adjacent to the training ring where Peter and Edmund often worked on their sword skills.

The youngest Pevensie took the opportunity to mercilessly tease her, using her dagger to throw it exaggeratedly when Edmund did nearly anything. Cornelia glowered at the face of the other girl's snickers, "it's not funny, Lucy."

"It is," she insisted, still giggling, "you're completely hopeless. Have you said anything more to him than just 'hello?'"

"For your information, yes," the blonde replied haughtily, "we had a full conversation just before Christmas."

She gave an dramatic gasp, "and you never told me? What did you talk about, how much you liked his shoes?"

"Fine," Cornelia said, turning back to the target, "if you're going to mock me, I won't tell you anything else."

"Oh, Lia, please," the brunette pleaded imploringly, rounding her eyes despite the other girl not facing her, "I promise I'll stop."

"I've heard that one before," she responded, rolling her eyes as she set herself into proper form.

"Really, I mean it," Lucy wheedled, "come on."

The older girl sighed and put down her bow, "fine. Here's how the conversation went: we both said hi, I asked if he was hungry, he said yes. Then he told me there was bread in the pantry and apologized for standing in my way. Now you're all caught up."