Fifteen

╔══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ══════╗

𝕺𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙
𝕲𝖔𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖉, 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖊.

╚══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ══════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

"SO, WHAT exactly happens at these 'Friends of Narnia' meetings?" she asked the first time she heard Lucy speak of them.

"Well, all we really do is spend time together and reminisce about our time in Narnia," the girl explained, "everyone gets treated like an adult— well, it was more obvious when we were younger— and it's really just a time where none of us are seen as crazy for believing in another world."

"And more then just us and Eustace have been there?"

"Oh yes. The Professor that we stayed with, Digory, and his friend Polly were the first. Jill, who's Eustace's soulmate, was there last, and of course your grandfather even though he's never actually been."

"...and not Susan?" Cornelia offered hesitantly.

Lucy shook her head, "she refuses to believe, though I hope that when she sees you that might change."

She sighed, disappointed at her friend's stubbornness. (Coincidentally, Susan made every effort not to spend time with her siblings and so it was several years before they were actually reunited.)

That had been almost year and a half ago; as the weeks had passed since her abrupt arrival, things had gotten settled: Helen would have let her stay for an extended length of time but she felt guilty about taking up the extra space so she had arranged things with her grandfather. It was quite odd to live with him but their paths also didn't cross much as he often spent his time at Oxford and left her relatively alone. (Not because he didn't love her, of course, but because he was a private person that preferred distance to closeness.)

There were times when she missed her parents and Samuel— even Maggie— but they weren't nearly as crippling as Edmund's absence had been. On the whole, she was rather happy even with 1949 right around the corner. Edmund continued to keep his promise and only took the bus, much to his siblings' bewilderment. They were also trying to figure out a way to keep all of them out of the train station without raising suspicion.

The only argument she had with the time period (besides the normal historical issues) were the opinions of men on women which often irritated her to no end. She'd begun looking for a publisher as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was nearly finished but had yet to find one that invested in 'women's interests.' It was to the point where she was considering calling herself 'C.S. Lewis' just as she had in Narnia, though for a less rational reason.

Cornelia and Lucy were currently on their way to The Old White Lion to meet the rest of the Friends of Narnia for their Saturday gathering. Autumn had set over Finchley and the weather was turning colder again so their walk was rather brisk to get there faster. There also seemed to be an enthusiastic air to the younger girl who wouldn't stop smiling though when asked, she only gave a secretive wink.

When they entered the pub, it was only lightly populated and they were easily able to find their family. Warm hugs were exchanged and Cornelia thought that Edmund felt a little nervous, but about what, she couldn't have said. The knowing looks she caught from the other members of the group made her antsy and she was tempted to demand an answer right then.