Twelve

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝕸𝖞 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖈𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊
𝖜𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖚𝖓𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘.
𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊, 𝖉𝖔
𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉?

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

CORNELIA FOLLOWED the Pevensies and Caspian down the narrow hallway underneath the stone fortress, Peter's guiding light leading the way. They emerged in a round, earthy room that lacked the commotion from the one they'd just been in. It had an almost shrine-like feel and a quiet atmosphere that commanded respect. The eldest Pevensie lifted his torch to illuminate the wall, revealing archaic pictures of five monarchs.

Curiously, Acacia stepped closer to the image and traced a finger over her soulmate's likeness, her green eyes studying the picture intently as Susan recognized the artwork, "it's us."

"What is this place?" Lucy asked in a hushed tone.

"You don't know?" Caspian replied. He was given no answer so he lifted a nearby torch before leading them further into the passageway.

They descended many flights of rocky steps before they entered a large, open room guarded by two stone pillars. Caspian lowered his torch to the basin next to him which lit up with flames, allowing them to see into the gloom. Along the wall engravings were illuminated of Narnia's history while a cracked stone table lay in the center. At her recognition of the place, Cornelia's hand sought out Edmund's as she grasped his fingers tightly. If Aslan hadn't been the King He was, this was where the Witch would have taken her soulmate's life. He squeezed her hand reassuringly and didn't let go.

"He must know what he's doing," Lucy said.

"I think it's up to us now," Peter spoke after a moment, his expression unyielding.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz's men and war machines are on their way— that means that those same men aren't protecting his castle," the High King addressed the room as they figured out what to do next.

"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" the Mouse— whose name was Reepicheep— asked.

"We need get ready for it," the Telmarine spoke at the same time as Peter, "to strike them before they strike us."

"That's crazy," Caspian argued, "no one has ever taken the castle."

"There's always a first time."

Acacia— though she no knowledge of war— spoke up from her place next to Lucy on the Stone Table as she remembered hearing Peter's battle talk during their hike, "it might give us the advantage? Is that what you called it?"

His expression softened momentarily, "the element of surprise, yes. Good point, Cia."

"We have the advantage here," the dark-haired man argued.

"If we dig in we could hold them off indefinitely," Susan agreed, standing from her seated position.

"Look. I appreciate everything that you've done for us but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb," Peter told him.

"And if they're smart the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out," Edmund added.

Cornelia could feel him shift slightly next to her before she added her opinion, "anyway we plan this it's risky. I know numbers don't win a battle but we're certainly at a disadvantage— all-out war shouldn't be our first option."