One

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝕴𝖓 𝖘𝖙𝖚𝖉𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘,
𝖜𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖓 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘
& 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕 𝖙𝖔 𝖆𝖑𝖑
 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

[summer, year 1000]

━━━━━━━Cornelia

NARNIA'S MAGIC worked hard but Cornelia's eidetic memory worked harder.

As the weeks after their coronation slowly slipped by, she could see that the Pevensies were beginning to forget their home world of earth, the siblings starting to believe that they'd always been from Narnia— Spare Oom, specifically. Cornelia's mind, on the other hand, refused to let her forget.

(Because as much as she was a dreamer, the real world always found a way in.)

She could still remember everything about earth, about her parents, how she felt about the absence of her soulmate and the time after meeting him. She wished she could forget the past, to be able to believe that she'd always known Edmund but her memories about home remained firmly stuck in her mind. Still, she tried to be careful never to let slip about where they were actually from— she was sure Aslan had a reason for Narnia's magic and she didn't want to get in the way of his plans. 

As it was, there was much to do after their coronation and she didn't have a lot of time to dwell on the past. With them being new rulers, there was quite a bit for them to catch up on. They had to learn diplomacy and manners— different from their already learned, every day ones— they studied military tactics and techniques to quell the last of the White Witch's followers, they were taught about court life and the cultures of both their country and the surrounding ones. Mr. Tumnus offered to provide them with a historic background which he knew well thanks to his interest in the subject.

There was still more on top of that, with journeys to neighboring kingdoms to announce their open borders, travels to the north to take care of the rather giant problem up there, setting up Cair Paravel to make it hospitable for hosting ambassadors and other royalty. Luckily, there were five of them and the beings of their new country were more than happy to help, whether it was to fill in facts that they'd forgotten or give their opinions on which tablecloths were better to use for the Tisroc of Calormen or the King of Archenland.

Throughout this time, the boys were often gone as they led the army on quests guided by the new general of the Narnian army, a Centaur named Therix who was a descendent of Oreius. The girls were in charge of the home front and they both took lessons in their respective settings.

ೋღ🌺ღೋ

Unlike school teachers on earth, Mr. Tumnus was a flexible and understanding teacher who didn't mind moving the location of the classroom outside on nice afternoons.

Many of the summer days in Narnia were fair-weathered, with warm sunlight pouring into the gardens with a temperature that was neither too hot nor too cold but bathed everything in a fire-y light nonetheless. The bright green grass under their feet showed no signs of the winter hardship it had endured months prior and was as bright and springy as if the Long Winter had never happened. The trees and plants that lined the gardens seemed to dance in the light breeze, a myriad of bright colors— truly, some of them were alive, with a few of the dryads forming to greet their rulers as they passed.