Fourteen

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊
𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓.

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

UNFORTUNATELY, IT appeared that another intervention would be needed to bring Cornelia and Edmund back on speaking terms

UNFORTUNATELY, IT appeared that another intervention would be needed to bring Cornelia and Edmund back on speaking terms. While she believed that the older girl had every right to be mad, Lucy also knew that they would regret the lost time eventually. So, as they returned to the beach, she tried to think of a way to get them to see eye-to-eye. It would be hard seeing as how Cornelia marched on ahead, her face set in an irritated look while it was impossible to ignore Edmund's kicked-puppy expression.

It was made even more apparent when they discovered Eustace was missing and her brother offered to look for him, a hopeful note in his tone as he glanced over at his soulmate. Cornelia neglected to agree to join him.

So, while they waited for the two kings to return and after the baskets of meager food were loaded onto the boat, Lucy went over to the blonde, who was sitting in the sand.

"Lia—" she began.

"I don't want to hear it, Lu," the girl cut her off immediately.

"I wasn't going to take his side, you know," Lucy felt the need to say, "I don't think he's in the right—"

"Then you won't have a problem with me being mad at him, will you?"

"But if you just talk to him I'm sure he'll admit how sorry he is. I know you don't like arguing with him."

"I don't care. Besides, why should I be the bigger person? I didn't do anything wrong!" Cornelia insisted.

"Lia," she huffed, "if you don't do it for you, do it for me. I can't stand seeing the two of you fight—"

"Then sit," the blonde told her shortly.

"Knowing that you don't have all the time in the world," Lucy finished pointedly, though she joined her friend in the sand, "you're going to regret it later."

"He was— is— being an ass."

"I'm not saying he's not," Lucy agreed, "but you know how stupid boys can be. You just have to knock some sense into him."

"Why are boys so difficult?" Cornelia grumbled, digging her feet into the surf, "just last night everything— well, it wasn't perfect," she said, remembering the fear that lingered from her nightmare, "but he was so— so loving and then a toss of a coin and he's back to being a prat."

"I wish I knew," she replied, "and Ed's as thick-headed as they come. Next to Peter, anyway. Before we left— to come to Narnia, I mean— he even tried to sign up for the Army as if he could get in underage—"