Ten

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

❞𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙
𝕴 𝖌𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉
𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐
𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖋 𝕴'𝖒 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖙
𝕴𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙'𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝖆 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖊❞

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

AFTER THE spell had been read, the owner of the mansion Coriakin appeared, though thankfully he was not as malevolent as the beings made him out to be. Cornelia still felt very odd, as if someone else were currently inhabiting her body. She wasn't sure how to make it stop but the bitter, resentful feelings remained even when they reunited with Edmund and Caspian.

As they followed Coriakin through the long hallway again, she could feel her soulmate's eyes on her and the bond was still hazy and strange. They stopped in the cartography room (as that was the only kind of room it could be  from all the maps on the walls and stacked on tables.) The magician selected one of them and unfurled it across the floor.

The images displayed along the edges were just as magical and real as the ones in the book had been, all of them depicting the Pevensies' ascension to and departure from the throne.

"That's quite beautiful," Eustace commented, though he hastily added, "for a make-believe map in a make-believe world."

"There is the source of your troubles," Coriakin announced, "Dark Island, a place where evil lurks. It can take any form, it can make your darkest dreams come true. It seeks to corrupt all goodness and to steal the light from this world."

As the man spoke, Cornelia began to feel very funny. The words resonated deeply within her as if they were trying to tell her something she could not see for herself. They almost sounded as if they were coming from Aslan, warning her about something she refused to recognize.

"Nel?" Edmund said to her quietly, "you don't look very good."

"I told you, I'm fine," she brushed him off again, an antsy feeling causing her to shift uncomfortably on her feet— she wanted to get out of there.

"How do we stop it?" Lucy asked.

"You must break its spell," the magician answered, turning to the dark-haired boy, "that sword you carry, there are six others."

Too caught up in her own world, Cornelia failed to notice that Edmund had stepped forward to speak, only to be interrupted by Caspian speaking instead. Their interrupted bond also caused her to miss the stab of her soulmate's own bitterness as the king took charge. 

"Have you seen them?"

"Yes."

"The six lords, they passed through here?" Caspian questioned him.

"Indeed."

"Where were they headed?"

"Where I sent them," Coriakin replied, "to break the spell. You must follow the blue star to Ramandu's Island. There, the seven swords must be laid at Aslan's table. Only then can their true magical power be released. But beware... you are all about to be tested," his gaze lingered on the blonde, "for some, the test has already started."

"Tested?" Lucy echoed.

"Until you lay down the seventh sword, evil has the upper hand. It will do everything in its power to tempt you," the younger girl looked away, "be strong, don't fall to temptation. To defeat the darkness out there, you must first defeat the darkness inside yourself."