Eleven

╔═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╗

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙❜𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝖉𝖔
𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚. 𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖕𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗
𝖆𝖗𝖒𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖓𝖉
𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚❜𝖗𝖊
𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊.

╚═══════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═══════╝

━━━━━━━Cornelia

"I'M SORRY," Edmund spoke quietly, his knees pulled up to his chest as his arms wrapped around his legs.

The girl sighed, sitting in a similar position, "it's not me you should be apologizing to," she said softly, "I chose to come with you on my own accord, you wanted me to stay back. It's your siblings that you should ask forgiveness from."

The boy curled up in a tighter ball, "I don't think they would forgive me."

There was the sound of chains against ice as Cornelia scooted closer to him and she placed her hand on his arm, "of course they would, Eddie. You're their brother, they're family. You didn't know what you were doing."

"I should have."

"And now you know not to do it if there's a next time," she said firmly, "if you learn from your mistakes that's all they could ever ask from you. As my mum always says, apologize and make it better. If you do that and they still don't forgive you then maybe you're not the one who needs to apologize."

She felt a flicker of his hope as he lifted his head to look at her, "do you really mean that?"

Cornelia nodded, "they love you, Eddie, even if they don't always show it."

The boy glanced down at the ice-filled cup and hard, brick-like bread and then around at their small cell, "you shouldn't have come," he said softly, "you don't deserve this," he sighed and in a voice she almost missed, he whispered, "you don't deserve me."

Tears pricked at the back of her eyes at the feelings of hurt and fear that washed through their bonds and she immediately threw her arms around the boy, "of course I deserve you, Eddie," she whispered back, "that's why we're supposed to be together. If we weren't, we wouldn't be."

The statement was so simple and yet so hard for him to believe. Cornelia didn't understand why he thought otherwise. She kept her arms around them even though he didn't return the gesture and focused instead at picking the hardened bread.

A voice spoke, "if... if you're not going to eat that..."

The boy picked up the brick and shook himself free of the girl's grasp, moving towards the bars that separated their cells. The being on the other side moved closer as well, explaining, "I'd get up, but.. my legs."

Cornelia turned at the sound of the voice and her eyes widened, "Mr. Tumnus."

The faun's face matched her expression, "Sophia?"

"Oh, I'm so glad you're not dead!" she said, relieved. He was clearly not okay but at least he was alive.

Mr. Tumnus gave her a wry smile, "believe me, Sophia, I am more glad than you are though I've seen better days," he took the bread from Edmund gratefully and began to eat it.

"Mr. Tumnus?" the boy asked.

"What's left of him," he froze, "you're Lucy's brother."

"I'm Edmund."