Seven

╔═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╗

𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌...

╚═════ ೋღ🌺ღೋ ═════╝

━━━━━━━1940

THE NEXT day it was sunny, so Susan encouraged her other three siblings to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. They decided on Cricket, with Peter bowling the ball and Edmund hitting. Lucy had opted out of the game, still upset with her siblings about last night.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" the blond boy narrated, doing the said action.

The ball hit Edmund's leg causing the boy to exclaim "ow!" sharply. He glared at his brother who laughed, "whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream!"

Susan picked up the fallen ball and threw it back to Peter, who caught it as Edmund asked, "why can't we play hide and seek again?"

"I thought you said it was a kid's game," Peter retorted.

Well, it had been, until he'd met the Queen of Narnia and the possibility of meeting 'Cornelia Sophia.' Maybe he wouldn't miss her if he went back.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air," Susan added.

"Well, it's not like there isn't air inside," he grumbled.

"Are you ready?" the eldest Pevensie asked, tossing the ball between his hands.

"Are you?" Edmund banged the bat on the ground.

Peter took a running jump before throwing the ball, hard. Edmund swung the bat up to hit it and sent the ball flying. It promptly sailed through one of the Professor's stained-glass windows on the upper floor. The four of them scrambled up the stairs to investigate the damage which wouldn't be easy to hide.

"Well done Ed."

"You bowled it!"

Mrs. Macready's loud, angry voice reached their ears, causing them to panic. With Peter in the lead, his siblings followed as they ran through the house in an effort to hide from the woman. They ended up stopping in the spare room with the wardrobe and, after several exasperated exclamations, the four of them rushed to hide inside of it. Keeping the door open a crack, Peter peered out to watch the entrance. Mrs. Macready's footsteps got louder, prompting him to push his siblings farther into the wardrobe and causing several rounds of complaints.

It was only when Peter and Susan fell onto the snow did they realize what had happened.

"Impossible!" the dark-haired girl exclaimed.

"Don't worry," Lucy said with a smile, "I'm sure it's just your imagination."

"I-I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it," Peter said.

"No, it wouldn't," the girl admitted, pausing as she scooped up some of the snow, "but this might!"

She threw the snowball at her brother's face, causing him to laugh. Susan was next to scoop up some of the white fluff and the three of them commenced in an impromptu snowball fight.

Edmund was feeling worse than before. He looked away from his laughing siblings and towards the two peaks the woman had pointed out yesterday. Maybe his soulmate was already there, waiting for him. No she isn't, the logical part of his brain told him, you'd feel something if she was. His mood soured and he wasn't pleased when Susan's snowball hit his arm, "ow! Stop it!"