Chapter 49 (18+)

(August 16)
A new week means new partners for the bonding activities and Chiyuki had an especially nosy partner this time. This was her worst matchup yet. Hisashi was with Tamiyo, Nikushimi with Yuuma, Okui with Kutsuna, and Shusaku with Chiyuki.

"I heard you talked to Okui?? He wouldn't tell me what it was about... But why don't you talk with the rest of us??" Shusaku immediately started talking even before he sat down.

Chiyuki wasn't very fond of loud and talkative people.

"Are you scared to talk with us??" Shusaku guessed. "Don't worry! We don't bite! So you can go ahead and say whatever's on your mind! You should also sit with us so you don't have to sit by yourself!"

He makes her want to sit with them even less. She doesn't like those who try to get her to talk. She'll talk when she wants to and is ready to.

"Alright??" Shusaku continued. "So don't just talk to Okui!"

"...are you jealous if I talk to him?" Chiyuki was too curious to stay quiet.

"Jealous...!? Wow, your voice is quiet... But why would I be jealous...!? We're just friends...!!" Shusaku hadn't openly said that he and Okui were in a relationship yet.

"...he told me you two are in a relationship."

"He did!? Well... Uh... I..."

Maybe Shusaku will not want to talk to her if she catches him off guard like this. Chiyuki was fine to stay quiet after that. Shusaku's face was red and he didn't know what to say anymore, so he was quiet too.

After that activity, Shusaku felt bad that he said he and Okui were just friends. Would Okui be mad that he said that? It's like he hasn't accepted their relationship. He hasn't accepted that he's going out with a guy. He doesn't want it to be that way. He wants to show that he does accept it. So he gathered his courage and...

"...Okui and I are going out!!" He exclaimed at dinner.

The others were quiet at this sudden exclamation. Then Hisashi smiled.

"Congratulations~" He said.

"Whatever." Nikushimi said.

Kutsuna was surprised since she was the only one who didn't know. "That's... great!"

Chiyuki was sitting alone and glanced over before looking away again.

Shusaku felt relieved that everyone seemed fine with it. It was a big weight off his chest.

"Does this mean I can kiss you whenever I want?" Okui asked.

"What!? No!! That's... embarrassing...!!" Shusaku blushed red.

"I see." Okui continued eating his dinner nonchalantly.

"How long have you two been going out?" Kutsuna asked.

"Um... Like... A couple weeks?" Shusaku replied.

"And you didn't tell us sooner!?"

"I was nervous...!"

"There's no need to be nervous. We're friends, aren't we?" Kutsuna smiled.

Shusaku blinked. Then he smiled back. "Yep!"

True friends... Shusaku was very happy to have found some.

Chiyuki wasn't necessarily trying to encourage Shusaku. But since then, he has talked her ear off during the bonding activities. What was she expecting though when he seemed to like talking everyone's ears off? She just stayed quiet so as to not encourage him further.