Chapter 32 (18+)

(March 15)
It's finally here. The week that I have bonding activities with Tamiyo. And my birthday is in two days. But Tamiyo is the focus right now!! I'll finally get her to talk!! I'll finally get her to tell me what's wrong!!

Is what I thought. But how do I bring it up? She's so quiet. She's sitting right in front of me and isn't smiling like when we played charades. I'm worried. I have to try and say something.

"Tamiyo... How have you been?" I ask.

She looks at me. "Oh... I'm fine..."

I'm not sure if this will be so easy anymore.

"Are you sure...?"

"Nothing has really changed if that's what you're asking..."

Nothing has changed? I guess she's right. Our days are the same as usual. She just cleans and attends these bonding activities with us. I don't know what could have changed from our daily routines. Well... Maybe Ana's and Yuuma's relationship was a change. But not really. It hasn't really affected anything too much.

I stare at Tamiyo who is looking out the window again, solemn. But her behavior has been weird since Valentine's Day. And that day was when Ana and Yuuma really did change. So how can she say nothing has changed when that might be what's affecting her? Does she... not like them being together...?

"Tamiyo, are you not happy about how Ana and Yuuma have gotten together?" I ask.

She looks at me, startled. Huh? That's really it?

"Can you tell me why...?" I ask too.

She hangs her head. She shakes it. "I don't think... I can..."

"Why?"

"Because... I'll be admitting something... I thought I'd always keep a secret..."

"Well... Won't it be good to get it off your chest? I'm a good listener. I don't like how down you've looked lately and I wanted to try and help if I can."

"It's impossible to help me..."

"How come? We haven't even tried!"

"Because it's too late... They're already together..."

I don't know what to say. She really doesn't want them together huh... And the only reason I can think of is... that maybe she likes one of them...?

I freeze. Huh? She likes one of them? No wonder why... Why didn't I notice? Who does she like? Ana and Yuuma are both great and kind. But it'd have to be Yuuma if she doesn't swing that way. I wondered about this before, but which way does she swing...?

"Do you... like Ana?" I try to guess.

She flinches. No way!? I mean I understand, Ana is a beautiful girl with such a talent for cooking. It's really awful that she can't be with her... But then I wonder about something.

"What about... Yuuma?" I ask.

She flinches again. Huh? Why'd she react both times? No way... Does she...

"Tamiyo... Are you in love with both of them?"

She covers her face. She swings both ways!? I mean, at least half of my boyfriends swing both ways, so it's a common thing... But I'm just surprised to learn more about Tamiyo. I guess there really is more to learn about a person even if you think you already know everything.

"How long... have you liked them?" I ask.

She shakes her head, her hands still on her face. I shouldn't push this though, right...? She's heartbroken after her two crushes have gotten together with each other. I never thought I'd say that sentence... This is the time to comfort her!