Chapter 6

(July 3, continued)
"Kentaro, we should still let Hisashi stay with us in our cabin... It's not very nice to make him sleep outside..." I say as I dive head first into the battle.

"Akiara says it's alright~ Gin hasn't said one word of complaint~ It's two against one for the decision to let me stay or not~ So looks like you'll have to let me stay, Kentaro~" Hisashi said, pleased.

Kentaro looked even redder from anger. I pray to any and all gods. If there's a god, please let me be reincarnated into a better family after my death... I'll be a good boy in my next life...

To my surprise though, Kentaro's redness slowly disappeared as he tried to calm down, instead of exploding everywhere. I won't die?? Hallelujah!! Praise the lord! I believe in God today!

"Grr... Fine... Whatever..." Kentaro walked off to his usual table and sat at the edge by the wall, away from us.

"You'll have a full cabin with me~ Please take care of me from now on~" Hisashi smiled at me and Gin. Then he went to his usual seat at his usual table.

I looked at Gin and he looked at me. Then Ana came out of the kitchen, our lunch in her hands. She set a plate down for Hisashi and for Kentaro. Then she went to get two more.

I went to my usual seat. Then I noticed Gin followed me. He hesitated.

"May I... sit with you...?" Gin asked, now not being able to look at me. And he so boldly gave me puppy eyes earlier...

Ana came out with our plates. She paused, seeing where we'll each sit so she can put the plate in front of us. I didn't want to get any closer to these boys, but now I feel like I have to let him sit with me.

"Sure..." I say. I sit down, making room for wherever he wants to sit. He sits next to me on my right. Great... He couldn't have sat across from me...?

Ana sets down our plates, gives me an apologetic look for earlier, and goes back to the kitchen.

As I look down at the delicious sandwiches, this time a different kind than the ones I had a bit ago, I remember that I didn't eat breakfast. Now that the anxiety and chaos with Matsu has somewhat faded, my appetite is coming back. I eagerly grab a sandwich and take a bite. How can a sandwich taste so good?? Ana is a god... Yes, Ana will be the god I pray to from now on. I guess I can forgive her for neglecting Matsu until now... I mean, Yuuma technically neglected him with her, so it's not solely her fault... All is well as long as Matsu recovers.

As I'm chowing down, I realize Gin hasn't started eating yet. I notice his hesitation. I see the mask over his mouth. I think... He's worried about eating because he has to pull his mask down... And he's sitting next to me... He can usually hide in his corner and no one will see him with his mask off. But he's on a different side of the room where Hisashi and Kentaro are now in view. If he eats here, someone will definitely see. I'll of course be able to see too.

If he's just going to sit there awkwardly, not tasting the delicious food, I guess there's no choice but to try and help him out... He could sit across from me so Hisashi and Kentaro can't see. But then I'd have an especially easy way to see... I need to find out how to shield Gin from view so no one can see him. Hm... Eh, I'd rather not think too hard about this.

I decide to gently grab Gin's head and move him so his chin is on my shoulder. That way I can't see, and no one else can, right? Then how will he eat like this...?

"Akiara...??" Gin says, startled.

"Oh, sorry... I just thought if you turned this way, no one would see you when you eat, not even me." I explain.