Chapter 40

(May 9 continued)
Kentaro gave me his third card next. I happily took it and read it.

"I like that you're always kind and I know you love each of us. I want to stay by your side for a long time."

I couldn't help myself as I stood up and leaned over the table to hug Kentaro. "I love you!!"

"Hey, be careful...!!" He exclaimed, trying to move plates and cups out of the way.

I sat back down, satisfied.

"Are you flustered~?" Hisashi asked Kentaro, in a slight mocking tone.

Kentaro grinned. "Do you only get flustered if I say it out loud?"

Hisashi looked away. I still don't know what's happening between them...

Kentaro gave Gin his last card. Gin took it and I peeked again to see what it said.

"I like that you're kind and sweet. You're cute when you tease me, although I have to admit that I don't like the teasing part that much."

Gin nodded. "No one really likes being teased... But most people tease someone because they like the person."

"You're right." Kentaro said. "See, Hisashi? I tease you because I like you."

Hisashi flinched.

"What? It wasn't even the other L word."

Hisashi pinched Kentaro's nose. "I'll get used to it~ Then you can't tease me anymore~"

"Get a room." Nikushimi grimaced, having been watching the whole scene with interest until now.

"We should get a room, shouldn't we, pretty boy?" Kentaro smirked.

"You're trying very hard to seduce me~ But I'm easy, so you don't need to try so hard~"

"I don't mind a challenge every once in a while."

"Should I play hard to get sometimes then~?"

"That sounds sexy, definitely do that."

"UGH." Nikushimi stood up. "I'm going over here until you're done being gross." He left to sit at a different table.

"You guys are getting along really well." I comment. "I never asked what happened exactly that day you guys made up."

"You'll love to hear this—" Kentaro began, excited.

Hisashi quickly covered his mouth with his hand. He smiled at me. "We just talked and had sex~ That's all~"

Kentaro tried to make a protest but Hisashi squeezed his face. Hisashi looks a bit scary... Maybe it's a bad idea to ask... I'll drop it.

"How about I go next!?" I say, holding up my cards.

"A lovely idea~ Be quiet now, it's Akiara's turn~" Hisashi told Kentaro, a finger to his lips.

Kentaro didn't look happy. When the hand was removed from his mouth, he stayed quiet.

"Here, Hisashi!" I hand my first card over.

He takes it and reads it. He smiles at me. "Thank you. I want to stay together too."

I beam. His card said "I like that you're kind, caring, and want to help each of us. I really do like you and I want us all to stay together."

I hand my second card to Kentaro. His reads "I like that you're usually very calm and chill. I feel like I can relax with you which is nice. Let's all get along so we don't have to break up."