Chapter 12 (18+)

(August 8)
I'm so happy I got to spend the night with Matsu. I believe I made him happy too. I didn't want to part ways, but I thought I should get back to my cabin before the whistle. I quietly open the door, and quietly close it behind me. I tiptoe to my bunk bed. Then I freeze.

Is that Gin... in Kentaro's bed...? They're both fast asleep, Kentaro turned away, with space between them. I swear Gin was in his own bed when I left last night... What happened...? If something happened, I feel like they've already realized I wasn't here... Because I probably would have woken up... My plan has been ruined. But why did Gin get into Kentaro's bed...? My curiosity is too much.

I slowly start climbing into my bed, my eyes still on them. Then I get in my bed and stare at the ceiling. I bet the whistle is going to go off soon. How can I sleep after seeing Gin and Kentaro like that anyway? All kinds of explanations swirl around my brain as I try to figure out which is the right one.

Eventually, the whistle goes off and I stay still to see what Gin might do. Kentaro will probably go back to sleep as usual. It takes a second until I hear Gin get out of bed. He's rubbing his eyes as he goes into the bathroom and closes the door. He still has his clothes on.... Wait, no!! There's no way they'd do THAT!! But... Then why...? Does... Does Gin ask for comfort from just anyone...?

I shake my head. I shouldn't be jealous. I have Matsu. I have no right to feel jealous. There's nothing going on with me and Gin anyway. But... I wondered if we could get there eventually... For now, I need to get up.

When Gin comes out of the bathroom, he's wearing his uniform. Without his boiling hot coat on. He usually always puts it on, and I have to look away because I can't imagine how hot it must be. But it's off...? Or is he going to go get it now before he heads to the cafeteria?

"Akiara..." Gin says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah...?" I ask.

"I... I hope you don't hate me... I just wasn't ready a week ago... But... I think I am now... I want to try... I want to try to get past my trauma if I can..." Gin says, nervously fiddling with the end of his shirt.

"Hey, of course I don't hate you... I'm sorry I tried to push you when you weren't ready... Good luck, I'm cheering you on." I smile.

Gin's eyes smile. "Thank you."

I watch Gin leave for the cafeteria, still not grabbing his coat. He's trying to move on. He might be shedding one layer at a time to ease into it. I'm proud of him. I go into the bathroom to wash up and get ready for the day.

When everyone arrives at the cafeteria, Yuuma stands at the front to talk to us.

"I'm going to be gone for a few days, along with Gin." Yuuma says. "I'll have Ana and Tamiyo continue our everyday while I'm not here. Please be good to them, they're wonderful people who deserve respect. I've decided to head out today. I'll let Ana take over from here. Gin?"

Yuuma motions for Gin to follow him. Gin stands up from his seat next to me. He follows after Yuuma. I won't see him for a few days, huh...? It's a bit weird now, thinking about it... We've all lived together for two months. We've seen each other every day. I hope he comes back soon... I hope everything goes well and his dad gets what he deserves.

Ana stands at the front next. "Uh... Well... You still have time to finish your breakfast! But we'll continue the schedule as usual afterwards! Yuuma gave me all the information I need. Although, looking at your workout, I'm a little worried if I'll be able to keep up..." She looks at a small stack of papers in her hands.

"You got this, Ana!" I exclaim.

"Haha... Thanks, Akiara..." She says, not looking confident at all.