Chapter forty-four

When I step off the plane with Nolan I spot Kierstin who flags at me. I rush over and hand her Nolan.

"Whats going on? You didnt tell me anything on the phone except to meet you at the airport." Kierstin says.

"Walk and talk." I say and we speed walk through the sirport to the baggage claim.

I grab Peppers crate and Nolan and I's bag before we rush out of the airport.

"Wow that- butthole." Kierstin says and I dont say anything as we approach her van.

I let Pepper ou of her crate when we climb into the van and then I take Nolan out of his car seat.

"So where to?" Kierstin asks as she gets in the drivers seat.

"Your place. DO you think Kylea would mind if she babysat Nolan?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Of course not. She loves the little guy."

We soon pull up to their house and we get out. I grab Peppers leash and Kierstin takes Nolan. We go inside and I walk into the kitchen where Aunt Karen has her back turned from me.

"Aunt Karen." I say and she whirls around.

"Mabel! What a surprise!" she exclaims as she hugs me.

"Hi Auntie. Can I talk to you for a moment?" I ask.

"Of course darling! Come out back and i'll have Caleb make us some tea." she says and I take Nolan from Kierstin and she takes Pepper.

We walk out back and sit down under the canopy. Aunt Karen turns to me and clasps her hands together.

"So what do you need to get off you chest?"

I look down at sleeping Nolan.

"I need somewhere to stay for a while."

"Why? What happened?" she asks with concern in her voice and fo rthe first time since I found out that Harry was cheating on me I burst into tears.

"Harrys cheating on me and I-I dont want to see him anytime soon. So I I want to go off the grid for a while."

"Aww honey." she scoots her chair over to me and wraps her arm around my shoulders. "You can stay here but you cant hide Harry from his son."

"Its just for a little bit." I shake my head.

"OKay honey. Do you need to go to your house and get some stuff?" she asks and I nod.

"Alright. I'll have Kylea watch Nolan and Caleb, Kierstin, and I can help you bring some stuff over okay? You can stay in the guest room." she tells me.

"Thank you so much." I wipe my eyes.

"Its no problem honey." she says.

Pretty soon the crib, most of Nolans toys, and some of my stuff is crammed into the guest room of their house. I guess this will do for a while.
_______________

Harry's POV

I pull up to the house to find all the lights out. Hopefully Mabel just went to sleep. I go through the garage door and into the pitch black house. I turn on the light and look around. Peppers crate is gone.

"Mabel?!" I sprint up the stairs into our bedroom and burst through the door.

The bed is empty and when I go to the closet most of her clothes are gone.

"No. No. no!" I run out of the room and cross the hall to Nolans room to find most of his clothes are gone too.

I sit down in the rocking chair and stare into space. I pull out my phone and dial her number again.

"What do you want Harry?"

"Mabel! Where are you? Are you okay?" I ask.

"No im not okay. My husband cheated on me." she says and her voice cracks.

"I know and im really really sorry. Just please come home. We can talk about this." I beg.

"No Harry. I need a break for a while." she says.

"NO." I sob and she takes a deep breath. "You cant do this. I need you."

"Obviously you dont."

"Mabel I love you! Not that whore! Please just come home and we can talk about this okay?"

"I just need a break okay Harry? I don't really trust you right now and so I'm not coming back for a while." She tells me and my heart shatters.

"What about Nolan? He needs his dad!"

"You'll see him. Just not anytime soon."

"Fuck!"

"Harry it'll be just like the way it was before. You'll be on tour, so it won't matter because even then you didn't see him." she says her voice wavering.

"It's my job!"

"But Harry I'm right. You went a month without seeing me and Nolan so it doesn't matter."

"Mabel I love you."

"I love you too Harry but I need some time alone." she hangs up and I drop my head into my hands.

What have I done?