Chapter twenty-two

I walk downstairs into the kitchen and make a cup of chair tea instead of my regular coffee.I read something about drinking coffee was bad for pregnant woman and I don't want to take any chances. I sit down at the Table with my warm my warm mug in my hands. The conversation that I had with Kierstin replays in my mind.

I walk into Kierstin's room and walk up to the bed. She stares up at the ceiling, louis the looking deep in thought.

"I remember doing this when I first moved in here. It was when my dad kicked me out." I tell her as I lay down next to her.

"My dad kicked us out once. He was mad that my mom took us to our Uncles birthday party instead of cooking dinner for him when he got home from work. He locked all of the doors and took the garage chain off so we could t get in. We had to sleep in our car that night." She says and I look over at her.

"That's awful."

"Yeah. Kylea and Caleb we're so upset. To calm them down, I took them outside and we laid on the windshield. We stared up at the stars and pointed out all of the different constellations." She smiles at the thought.

I wish I was like her. Turning bad situations into something good.

"Your a really good sister you know that right?" I say and she shrugs.

"I was there for them when my mom wasn't." She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask slowly.

Her face goes blank and her breathing hitches."I rather not talk about it."

I stare at her, not able to read her facial expression before nodding. "I won't push you."

"Thank you." She says. Her voice mono tone and slightly scary.

I yawn and crawl to up to the left side of the bed. "I think we should get to sleep."

"Yeah I think so too." She nods before crawling up next to me.

A pair of arms wrap around me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning." Harry murmurs as he nuzzles my neck.

"Morning." I smile.

"How'd you sleep without me?" He asks as he pulls away from me.

"Better than I have for a long time." I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"Rrriiiggghhhhttt." he says slowly. "Did you talk about anything?"

"Actually we did. She actually opened up a little bit about her-"

Kierstin walks in and I automatically stop talking.

She stops. "Oh I didn't realize..." She starts to back up and go to leave but I stop her.

"No it's okay. Come sit." I pull out a chair for her and she walks over slowly before sitting down.

She runs her hand over her arm slowly and shifts in her seat.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask to relieve tension.

"I don't care." She shrugs.

"Oh come on, there has to be something that you would like to do." Harry nudges her arm lightly and She sighs in defeat.

"Is there a book store around here? Maybe a library?" She asks.

"I think so." I look over at Harry.

"I think there's a Barnes and noble down the street." Harry nods.

"I guess that'll do." she shrugs.