Chapter thirty-one

A month later.

Ding-dong.

I groan and throw my box of Cheez-its to the side before standing up.

Ding-dong.

"I'm coming! Sheesh!" I yell as I walk up to the door.

It's obviously someone I know because only the people we know have the password to the gate that blocks any fans from deciding to run up to the house but still I'm a little concerned that a part squirrel part human fan will climb the big metal fence we have surrounding our house.

I open the door and Baley's eyes widen at my appearance.

"Baley! Wow what are you doing here? I thought you were back in Cali." I say as he steps past me.

"My dads birthday is this weekend so I'm here all week for his so called birthday week." he tells me and I close the front door.

"Doesn't he have a big ass party at your mansion and everyone wears dresses and looks like their from batman?" I ask.

"Uhh yes I guess? But anyways, I want you to go with me." he tells me and I laugh.

"Baley if you haven't noticed I'm seven months pregnant and I can't fit into anything." I remind him and something in his eyes sadden a bit.

"I wish that was my baby." he whispers and I look up at him.

"Baley-"

"I'm sorry I just..."

"It's okay. Lets just forget about okay?" I walk past him and sit down on the couch again. "If we can find a dress that fits me than I'll go to the damn party with you."

"Really? That would be amazing!" He says and he jumps onto the couch next to me. "Get dressed and we'll go shopping."

"I am dressed." I say with my mouth full.

"Uhh Mabel. You have stains all over your shirt and some weird green paste on your pants." he points at them and I look down at it.

"It's actually tooth paste." I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Sure it is. Go get dressed! We are waisting daylight!" He yells at me.

"Stop yelling at me!" I cry as I push myself up.

I walk upstairs and into my room.
_______

I walk down the stairs and Baley turns his head to look at me.

"Well you clean up nicely." he says and I smile.

"Why thank you."

I'm wearing a pair of black leggings, a striped shirt, my jean jacket, my hair is straightened and up in a ponytail, my makeup is minimum, and I have a pair of combat boots on.

"You ready?" He gets up off the couch.

"Yepperoni." I say as my phone buzzes in my hand.

I glance at it to see its Harry and I smile.

Hubby❤️: what's the love of my life up to?

"Can we take the Ferrari?" Baley asks like a little kid.

I look up from my phone and end up slipping it into my purse.

"Sure but I'm driving." I walk past him and he groans.

"Oh come on! You told me I could drive it before we left for California but you never have!" He points out.

"Fine! But please drive carefully." I tell him as I open the garage door and the Galaxy colored Ferrari that Harry got me comes into view.

"Yes!" He runs past me to the drivers side were he opens the door and climbs in.

He bounces in his seat and smiles giddily.

What did I just get myself into?
_________

Harry's POV

"Hey haz."

"Yeah?" I look up at Liam who has a cautious look on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"Uhh yeah... why wouldn't I be?" I sit up and he sits down next to me.

"There's pictures of Mabel on Instagram." he tells me.

"Okay? Why would I be-"

"She's with Baley." he cuts me off and I stare at him.

"What?"

"Yeah they've been shopping all day. You didn't kind of wonder why your insta was being blown up?" he asks.

"My Instagram is always being blown up though." I frown and I pull out my phone.

I go to Instagram and click the first thing I'm tagged in which happens to be a picture of Baley and Mabel walking down the street with their arms hooked together. Baley holds shopping bags while Mabel has a starbucks drink in her free hand. Their both smiling and in the midst of talking.

I exhale slowly before exiting out of Instagram.

"She wouldn't do anything with him. I know Mabel." I say firmly.

"I'm not saying that she would do anything but-"

"Liam." I growl.

"Sorry." he jumps up and rushes out of the room.

I watch him leave and sigh. I lean back against the pillows of the bed I'm sitting on and I look up at the ceiling.

Mabel wouldn't do anything that would hurt us. She may be naive at times but I know she won't make the same mistake she did last time.

Or at least I hope.