Chapter forty

Harry, Louis, and I walk in through the gates of the highschool and I look around. I spot Kierstins mom and I walk up to her with the boys following.

"There you guys are! Come on Kierstin is warming up with the team." she says and we follow her through the crowd to the fence where the football feild is closed off.

The team is all lined up in rows stretching. But then Kierstin and a boy rise and clap their hands together together just as they announce the first event. One hundred meter hurdles, girls.The team scatters but a few linger. Kierstin and three other girls stand talking but then Kierstin glances over and sees us.

"Can we practice later?" she asks them and they nod.

They walk away and she walks up to us.

"That uniform is meant to be on you." Louis winks at her and she looks down at herself.

Shes wearing a pair of maroon spandex shorts, a spandex tank top with the canal winchester logo on it and a pair of black tennis shoes.

"Thanks I guess." she shifts from foot to foot.

"Uhh so what events are you doing?" I ask.

"One hundred meters, two hundred hurdles, four by one, and long jump." she rubs her arms and shivers a bit.

"Are you cold?" Louis asks before anyone else cold.

"A little." she answers honestly.

"Here." He takes off his jacket and hands it to her.

"Thanks but I dont want your cover being blown." she sort of whispers.

Louis, Harry, and I were all three wearing hoodies with our hoods up, with sunglasses.

"I would give it up for you, love." Louis smiles and she blushes before looking away.

"Girls long jump first call." the announcers say and she stiffens.

"Go get em." her mom says and she hands Louis his hoodie back before turning on her heel and jogging across the track to the long jump pit.

"Kierstin! wait up!" a few people say as they follow her.

They all walk over and gather around end of the pit as she signs in and goes to her mark.

"What number are you?" her mom yells.

"One!" She yells back and her mom nods.

Kierstin starts jumping in place, trying to warm her body.

"You got this knives!" One of her team mates yells.

"See I told you they call her knives." I nudge both Harry and Louis and Louis smiles.

"shes really like here isnt she?" he asks her mom.

"Yeah they voted her the captain of the girls team." her mom tells us we all three look at her.

"Seriousy?" I ask and she nods with a smile.

"She works the hardest and the coaches love her."

We look back at Kierstin to see shes rocking in place and her eyes are straight ahead.

The kids at the end of the pit begin clapping and their clapping gets faster as she runs forward. she hits the board perfectly and lurches herself in the air, with perfect form. She lands on her feet and stumbles forward. She steadies herself and she climbs out of the pit. The guy that was leading the drills with her high fives her and then they kick each others right foot.

"Seventeen feet six inches." the measureser shouts and her friends cheer and high five her.

She jogs over with a grin on her face.