Chapter twenty-six

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mabel, happy birthday to you."

I lean forward and blow out my candles. Everyone claps and Lia gives me a sideways hug.

"What did you wish for?" Alyssa asks as she smears cake icing on my nose.

"That'll ruin the wish." Kat says.

"Not true. My sister wished for a pony and she got one, it may not have been the real life pony she asked for but she did get one." Nash says and Em snorts.

"Well wasn't the outcome altered?" Kat asks and he shrugs.

"I guess you could say that."

"Where's Tasha and Matt?" I ask as I look around.

"I think I saw them go back into the family room to play more Mario bros." Chrissy says as she points toward the family room with her fork.

Of course they did.

Someone pokes me in the side and i
I jerk away but turn at the same time. Harry has a plate with cake in his right hand and a fork in his left.

"Are you getting cake?" He asks me.

I take his plate and fork and take a bite of his cake before handing back to him.

"I'm good." I give him a thumbs up and he shakes his head at me with a smile before walking over to Gemma who stands next to Kierstin.

"Are you ready to open your presents?" Anne asks me and I shrug.

"I guess."

My mom turns me around by my shoulders and steers me into the livingroom. She sits me down on the couch and everyone files in the room.

"Open mine first." Nana says as she sits down next to my mom.

"Where is it?" I ask as I scoot back in my seat.

My back is starting to hurt from standing so much.

She points to a small pink box that's on sitting on the coffee table with all the rest of my presents. I lean forward and reach for it but it's just out of my reach.

"Someone hand that to her." someone says and I look up with a sheepish smile.

"Here." harry grabs it for me and hands it to me before sitting down next to me.

"Thanks." I breath as I lean back.

I start unwrapping it when Someone starts massaging my shoulders. I crane my neck to see Lia is doing it. I glance over to Harry to see he's now on his phone, setting a picture of me with icing on my nose as his lock screen. I finally get the wrapping off to see its a cream colored box. I take the lid off slowly and inhale sharply. It's a charm bracelet that was my great great grandmothers.

Flashback:
Nana and I sit side by side on her bed. She's painting my nails a light blue color. She finishes the last nail and puts the nailpolish to the side.

"Can I have sparkles?" I ask and she smiles.

"Sparkles for your sparkling personality?" She asks as she grabs the sparkle nailpokish.

She shakes it and as she does her bracelet shakes and jingles.

"I like your bracelet." I point with my wet finger nail and she glances at it.

"My grandma gave it to me." she smiles.

"It's that old?" I ask with wide eyes.

"Yes darling." she nods.