Chapter forty-two

Mabel's POV

There's a knock on the door and they wheel in a little bassinet in the room. I sit up and Harry scoots to the edge of his seat.

"Mr. and Mrs. Styles i have to say he's a little bundle of cuteness." the nurse says as she picks Nolan. "who wants to hold him first?"

Harry and i exchange glances.

"Him.","her." we say at the same time and she looks between us.

"I guess I'll just choose." she hands Nolan to me and I look down at him.

Harry leans over toward me and I lean toward him.

"He has your nose." i whisper and Harry chuckles. "He's gorgeous."

"Just like his mother." Harry says and I look up at him.

He kisses me softly and then pulls away as the door opens and people file into the room.

"Oh my goodness he's adorable!" Autumn says as I hand him to Harry.

"Shh he's sleeping." My mother scolds.

I lean back and close my eyes before drifting off.
_______

I'm awaken by the sound of a baby crying.

Nolan.

I sit up and look around the room to see its only Nolan and I. He's laying in the bassinet next to my bed, crying.

"Shh." I say as I reach for the wheeling crib.

I pull it toward me and pick him up out of the crib. His crying stops and I look down at him.

He has bright blue eyes like I did when I was little.

I smile and the door opens. I look up to see Harry with a bag of McDonalds in his hand.

"When did you wake up?" He asks.

"When Nolan started crying." I answer.

"A nurse didn't come in and calm him down?" He questions and I shake my head.

"Where were you?" I ask.

"Louis went out and got everyone something to eat so I went to the waiting area and got something. I was only gone for maybe five minutes." he says as he closes the door.

I look back down at Nolan who's now sleeping and I can't help but smile.

"He has my eyes." I tell him.

"What?" Harry asks as he sits down.

"His eyes are blue like mine were when I was little." I tell him.

"Really?" He smiles.

"Yeah."

We stare at him for a while and then I silently lean over and place Nolan in the bassinet. I lean back against the pillows and look up at the ceiling.

"We're parents." I whisper.

"It's hard to believe isn't it?" Harry asks and I nod.

Nolan whines in his sleep and we both look over.

"So what's his full name?" I ask as I look over at Harry.

"Well his first name is Nolan and his last is Styles... we just need a middle name." he says.

"Edward."

"Nolan Edward Styles." harry says out loud and then we look at each other with smiles.

Nolan Edward Styles. I already love him.