Chapter eleven

It's been three days.

I still feel empty.

Physically and emotionally.

The world swims by,

But I'm sinking, drowning.

But the difference from all the other times, is that everyone sees me struggling.

"Mabel talk to me!"

I know Harry is sitting in front of me, but he seems to be a little fuzzy. And I know he's shouting at me but he sounds muffled. I've had this feeling before, but it's been a while.

"I love you so much, and it's killing me seeing you like this."

Pepper sits down next to me and licks my face. That's when I'm jolted into reality. I blink and see Harry crying into his hands in front of me, his cries become louder and clearer.

I reach out and touch the bank of his hand. He looks up at me slowly.

"Mabel." he says quietly.

"I'm okay." I say and he almost tackles me with a hug.

"I thought I was going to lose you." he cries.

I don't say anything I just let him hold me tight. He pulls away and brushes my hair out of my face.

"Are you hungry? You haven't really eaten in three days." He asks.

"Not really-" when I see the look on his face after he says that I stop. "Yeah I am. Im going to take a shower if that's okay."

"Yeah, I'll make you something while your in the shower." he says as he slides off the bed.

"Okay." I smile.

When he walks out I stop smiling and run my fingers through my hair. I sigh and close my eyes.

"Do you want a sandwich?" He yells from the stairs.

"Yeah." I yell back.

I get up and head to the shower.

Harrys POV

For the past three days Mabel has been a zombie. The dead look in her eyes honestly made me scared. I've never seen her like that... ever. She's usually so alive and happy but these last few days have been the opposite. I tried everything to bring her back to me, bring the light in her eyes back instead of the darkness. I finally got to her, she finally woke up, but the light in her eyes isn't bright, its a dim little light in the distance, and I'm scared that it'll go out again.

She's sits in front of me with a towel wrapped around her head, eating her lunch, but she won't look at me. Not even a glance.

"Do you want to go out and do something?" I ask.

"No, it's okay. I don't really feel like going out right now. Maybe Tomorrow." she says.

I look back down at my food and she looks up at me. She looks back down at her plates and plays with her food as I take a bite of mine.

"I'm sorry." she says.

"For what?" I ask.

"Acting the way I am. Im just upset." she says and I place my hand over hers.

"I know honey, I'm upset to." I say honestly.

I'm just good at hiding my feelings but I know she's more upset about this than me.

"Your not acting like it." she mumbles.

"I don't want you to worry about me." I say.

"But you worry about me." she looks up at me.

"I know but that's my job to worry about you."

"But I can worry about you too." she points out and I nod.

"I love you Mabel, no matter what." I say out of no where.

I overheard her and her mother talking the day we lost the baby. Mabel was saying how much I hated her and that I was going to leave her and just a bunch of stuff that upset me even more.

She smiles weakly. "I love you Harry. I always will."

We both lean over the table and kiss before pulling away and going back to eating.