*30*

*Mason*

I follow the assistant's every move. She actually seems very young.

"Shouldn't an assistant actually be supervised by?" I ask. She looks up.

"Actually, yes." she says and goes on with things she should be doing. "But I've recently been allowed to do it alone, because doctors think I'm doing it right." she says proudly.

"So if I understand correctly, you're really just better than the others who do the exact same thing as you?" I say. She immediately looks up again.

"No no, wow did I come across like that?" She says. I laugh at her reaction. She also smiles briefly. "Yes, I don't want to come across as arrogant." She says.

"It was a joke." I reassure her.

"Happy." She says. I think it's great how she can talk to me and also does these difficult things. It's a woman women can do that.

"How old are you?" asks Mrs Browns.

"How old do you estimate me?" I ask.

"20?"

"18." I say.

"Really? you look like 20, the youngsters of today are good guys really fast." She says. I frown. She talks like she's in her thirties while still looking very young.

"Are you 30?" I ask where she makes a startled sound.

"I'm 21, but do I really look that old?" She says.

"No no, just the way you talked about young people is just old." I say.

"Oh, yup I'm mentally 30." She says.

"Now that you know how old I am and what my name is, I think I have a right to know your name too." I say. She smiles.

"June." she then says.

"Hmm June, a strange name for the hospital." I say. She smiles and shakes her head.

"You keep talking." she says and is busy with difficult things.

It goes on like this for a while, while June is busy putting on the plaster.

After 20 minutes June is ready.

"So he's on it." She says.

"I see." I say and look at the plaster on my leg. "He's a little white, don't you think?" I ask. June laughs and pushes her back herself. She grabs something from the desk and then rolls back. The chair she sits on has wheels.

"Look." She says. She pulls out a black stilt and shows it to me. "May I?" she asks. I nod. She starts writing something.

"What are you actually going to write?" I ask.

"See you in 5 seconds." She says.

She sits down again and puts the cap on the pen. I look at what she has written.

Goodluck. I hope you can keep it up for 3 weeks. x June.

it is written small so you can hardly see it.

"Beautiful handwriting." I say. She smiles and helps me up.

"I'm going to give you crutches, but you can use the wheelchair now." She tells. I look at her and take the crutches from her.

"or you do it right away on crutches."

"I'll be fine." I say.

"Fine, will you manage to walk back to your family again?" she asks. family. I don't know that word.

"You meant my friends and mother." I say.

"Yes I mean that." She says.

"No, I just can't manage that, the hospital is really a maze." I say. She smiles and tells me to follow her.

"Oh my goodness." My mother says when she sees me walking. She smiles and stands up and gives me a hug. Alice also gives me a hug. The boys pat me on the back.

"Mason will make it, he's a go-getter." June says as she pats me on the back. I smile at her.

"Thank you." I say. She still smiles kindly.

"I'll lead you out." June says. She is a kind woman and I am sure she will help a lot of people later on.

"Mason?" A familiar voice rings in my ears and when I turn around she runs towards me. She wraps her arms around my neck. I'm startled for a moment, but then I put my arms around her. I sniff her scent, her nice, reliable floral scent. It's like drugs that you can become addicted to.

**

710 words

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you for the 100 eyes. Xx