*29*

*Mason*

Slowly I open my eyes. I see my mother and Alice standing next to me. Where am I?

"Oh rather! How are you feeling?" My mother grabs my face and presses a kiss to my forehead. Alice looks at me sympathetically.

"What happened?" I ask as I want to sit up, but I feel pain and can do nothing.

"You've been in a car accident." says Alice. My mother still holds my face. I grab her hands and hold them.

"Everything's okay mom." I say. She shakes her head.

"No it's because of me! It's because of my depression-"

"This isn't because of you! It's not because of anyone!" I interrupt her. She looks at me startled and then nods. "It's just because of me." I say softly.

My mother sat down and Alice came to sit next to her. Then the door opens Wyatt and Aiden enter.

"Yo." I salute them. They look at me sympathetically. "Bro, come on, are you going to look pathetic too? Everything's okay." I say ignoring the pain. They smile briefly and come next to me.

"Let's go get some coffee." Alice says as she helps my mother get up.

"Good." I say in answer. They leave the room and Wyatt sits down on the bed. Aiden takes a seat in the chair my mother was just sitting in.

"Are you sure everything is going well?" asks Aiden.

"Yeah, just a little pain, but I think that's normal if you've been in a car accident." I say.

"You are a warrior." says Wyatt. I smile briefly.

"I know, but did anything exciting happen?" I ask to come to other topics.

"No." says Aiden.

"Olivia asked for you." says Wyatt.

"Oh yeah." says Aiden. I frown at them.

"What did she ask?" I ask.

"Where you were, we just said you didn't feel like going to school." He says. I nod. It's quiet for a while.

"You really like her don't you?" asks Aiden. I smile when I think of her. She's just the most perfect girl for me. But I'm not the most perfect for her.

"Yup." I say and immediately after my words a female doctor walks in with I think an assistant. She looks young.

"Hello Mason." She says. I greet her politely. Wyatt gets off the bed and sits neatly next to Aiden. "I'm here to put a cast on your leg." She says.

"Plaster? Is my leg broken then?" I say trying to pull up my one. "Shit." I hiss when I feel a great pain.

"Yes, we had already taken pictures, but because you were sleeping, we couldn't avoid it." She says.

"Oh." I mumble.

"Is it okay if we can do it now?" she asks. The assistant walks out of the room again.

"Yes, of course! I have to if I want to get better." I say. At that moment I realize that I can no longer participate in the competition in 2 weeks. I look at the boys and they immediately know what I'm thinking of.

"We still have bills." says Wyatt.

"Yeah, but they're never better than Mason, moron." Aiden says after which he pats Wyatt's head. I chuckle and the doctor laughs too.

"I assume it's about sports, unfortunately you can only go back to your way in 3 weeks." She says. Shit man. The assistant returns with a wheelchair.

"You have to sit on this for a while. Then we will take you to the department where the plaster can be put." She explains to me.

"Yes that's OK." I say and try to get up. The boys and the assistant help me. "Thank you." I say when I'm in the wheelchair.

When Wyatt wants to push me, Alice and my mother walk into the room.

"Is plaster now being put on?" asks Alice. The doctor answers her.

"We're waiting here for you." My mother says and she quickly presses a kiss on my forehead. I nod briefly and the female assistant pushes me further.

"Okay, Mrs. Browns my assistant will take you further, she's going to put the cast on your leg." she tells me when we get to the room with weird stuff. I think hospitals are different anyway.

"Okay." I look at Mrs Browns. She smiles at me. Then the doctor leaves the room.

**

731 words

Don't forget to vote.