*35*

*Mason*

Today is Friday. Yesterday I also went to school. I have received a lot of questioning looks as I walk around here with plaster and 2 crutches.

"Oh look at Ciara's buttocks." says Aiden. Wyatt turns around. I, on the other hand, just keep looking at my phone. It's break time and I'm texting Olivia. She's inside the auditorium and she wishes I didn't sit with her because not all her friends know about our relationship yet. I just agreed.

"Hey." Mila's voice can be heard and suddenly she is standing in front of me. Oh yeah I completely forgot about this bitch.

"What do you want?" I ask bluntly.

"What do you mean? I'm just coming over for a smoke." she says with her "girlfriend" Riley on her heels. She sits between Aiden and Wyatt and lights a cigarette. Wyatt looks at me questioningly. I shake my head that we should ignore her. He catches my eye and calmly continues to smoke his cigarette.

"So how's the plan going?" Mila suddenly asks. I send her a look.

"There's no plan, just forget it." I snap.

"Well I can't forget that so easily, that was the only reason that brought you together." She says. She's fucking annoying and if she was a boy I would have hooked her long ago. I sigh. "Does she even know that you paid a boy for the so-called groping after the party?" I immediately get up and look at Mila menacingly.

"What don't you understand about leaving me alone?" I snap in her face. She kicks out her cigarette. "Go." I say calmly. She looks at me with split eyes.

"Riley come." she says and hips away with Riley chasing her again. Riley never talks. She walks alone after Mila's can sometimes I wonder how they got in touch.

"Jeez, she's so fucking annoying." I sigh. I look around the schoolyard and see Olivia and a boy just walking out the door. She has folded her arms and listens carefully to the boy who apparently has something important to say. She's cute when she's so focused. She notices me and then smiles small, but listens again to the boy who still has not finished talking. I often see her with that boy who still hasn't finished talking. I often see her with that boy, they always walk together.

The bell rings throughout the school and students spring into action. I take a deep breath and grab my crutches. I hate those things. I still have exactly 2 weeks and 5 days to walk around like this.

Later in the lesson, the teacher has something important to say. Immediately I stop listening and start irritating the boys.

"Mason, Aiden and Wyatt it's helpful if you listen too." Mrs. Fields says when she arrives at our table and gives all three of us a piece of paper.

I quickly go through the paper and look at the boys with wide eyes.

"Spain." Forms Aiden with his mouth. I nod happily and punch Wyatt. He looks at me angrily and puts his hand on the painful spot.

I am half Spanish myself. My mother was born in Spain and later came to Miami. So I can speak the language.

"There are all rules too!" Fields is trying to silence us, but it's difficult. I slap the table and immediately there is silence.

"Thank you Mason." Fields says dryly.

"So there are rules that you will still receive via email, but it is my job to go through them with you." Fields says dully. She knows that many students will not follow the rules.

"I'll just name them so listen carefully, because I'm only saying it once." She takes a good look around the class and then begins to list.

"You choose your own buddy with whom you go in the room. A minimum of 2 to a maximum of 5. And the boys go with each other and the girls go with each other." There is a moment of whining.

"The boys don't come into the girls' rooms and the other way around." Fields gives our group a quick glance and a grin forms around my lips.

"No alcohol is allowed to be consumed."

"The lights don't go out by 1am at the latest.

"We would like you to continue to respect everyone in the building and follow the program as instructed. These were one of the important rules that had to be read, but please read the rules at home when the mail has been sent. " Fields says.

"Ey rules are there to break right?!" Wyatt suddenly shouts across the class. I can't contain my laughter and the class cheers.

"No Wyatt, you know late but you can already go." Sigh Fields. She's clearly fed up with us. By the way, it was the last lesson so we can go home 20 minutes earlier. Olivia will be out soon too. So I text her.

Me: "Be out 20 minutes early I'll wait for you want to see you again."

Pretty: "Nawh and okay I think I can leave in 10 minutes, we're talking about Spain!"

I will get it back after a minute. At the exclamation mark, she probably likes that we're going to Spain. A smile graces my lips. She doesn't know I can speak Spanish yet.

**

901 words

Don't forget to vote