Winters Family

Ani POV

When I opened the door to see a grown ass man, I was startled for a moment... almost punched him in the face actually, "Ah!  Sorry... you startled me."

"It's okay," he laughed.  He was holding a cheesecake, "My mom made cheesecake for everyone."

"Oh thanks!" I said, taking it from him, "I'm sorry, my name is Antonia Meryl, Cassie's wife."

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Meryl," he said.

"Just call me Antonia," I said, "it would be confusing." He nodded and came in. "Where's your mom?"

"She had to make a call real quick," he slipped off his shoes and followed me in.

When we got to the living room, I hoped to god that the twins weren't fighting and lucky for me they weren't. They were watching Beauty and the Beast. "So this my youngest daughter Jessika and her twin brother Jakob. Jessika, Jakob, this is your cousin Elijah," I introduced everyone.

Jakob stood up and shook his hand, "Nice to meet you."

"You as well," Elijah replied.

However Jessika just gave him the peace sign and kept watching... I have to kill her later.

Jaelynn came around the corner with Claude, "This is my eldest daughter Jaelynn and her daughter Claude. This is your cousin Elijah."

"You look so much like mama," she said, "oh, sorry, your aunt."

"Well I have always been told that I look like my dad and apparently him and her were identical," he joked. Jaelynn made Claude wave to him and then went to the twins.

I entered the kitchen with him in tow. Cassie was making chicken parmesan when she spotted him, "My god... you look just like him."

"And you look just like me," he joked.

She quickly put down the pan and ran to give him a hug. I knew she needed some time alone, so I quickly put the cheesecake in the fridge and went out to the kids. When I got over there, I caught ear of their ridiculous conversation. "You sure you didn't feel anything for him?" Jessika asked Jakob.

"Jessika, I'm straight!"

"You don't know!" She said, "You may have just not found the guy who turns you on!"

"Let me reiterate myself," Jakob sat up and glared at her, "the idea of putting a dick in my mouth makes me want to fucking puke. Power to the people who like that shit, no hate Jaelynn, but fuck no for me." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"I don't blame you," Jaelynn muttered, "men's dicks are weird. They're crooked sometimes, bumpy sometimes, hairy and smell... not attractive whatsoever."

"I didn't need that delightful image Jaelynn," Jessika fake puked.

"That's what you get," I flicked her, "and I would agree with Jakob, I couldn't imagine sleeping with a man."

"Mom, the only person you've ever been with as a teen was mama, right? You've only been with women?" Jaelynn asked.

"Yep," I said.

Jakob glanced over, "Never had an inkling to be with a man."

"Nope," I said, "felt no desire for it." I leaned on the back of the couch, "I always found women to be beautiful and sexy... but it wasn't until late middle school that I realized I wanted to hold other girls' hands or kiss them. It's interesting being non-straight."

"Why?" Jessika asked, "Can't you just do who you want and love who you want?"

"You'd think," I sighed, "but look at everything around you. What are the best sellers? Heterosexual romance stories. What do you see most in movies? Heterosexual couples. What do you ever heard talked about in sex Ed? Heterosexual sex. What is the norm in school relationships? Heterosexual. Our society accepts that and just assumes everyone is until proven not."

Jakob glanced over at the kitchen entrance and then looked at me, "Is that why we don't have grandparents?"

I could tell they were curious, so I just patted his head, "You don't have grandparents because neither of your parents have parents... remember, blood doesn't make a family."

Cassie came out with Elijah, smiling widely, "Food is ready!"

Julie came in as well, "Sorry! My brother called me randomly!" She gave everyone hugs, doing the usual introductions.

Moving to the table, I listened to everyone's conversations. "What do you do Elijah?" Jaelynn asked.

"I'm a bio chemical engineer," he said.

"Wait, really?" Jessika asked.

"Yep."

"What exactly do you do?" She stated at him, intrigued.

"Jessika, to be a bio chemical engineer, you have to like or understand biology," Jakob hit her but she just rolled her eyes.

"Well that's very impressive," I said, "congrats. That's not an easy career path."

"I hear psychology isn't easy either," he said, making me chuckle, "a child psychologist?"

"Sorta. I work with the children's hospital. It's to help sick or dying kids cope. I do work with adults as well," I said.

"That's amazing," he smiled... almost the exact same smile as Cassie. "Aunt Cassidy, you run a dance studio?"

"I do," she smiled, "I love it."

"That's amazing as well," he said, "I have no rhythm."

"Neither did your father," Cassie joked.

"That's what my mom says!" Everyone laughed. It was nice. We learned what college Elijah went to and how he was engaged to a very nice girl named Carmon. He planned to move to the east coast for better work and plans to settle there, make a family.

Cassie enjoyed every moment of it. I could tell she was reliving the precious moments she had with her brother... seeing him in Elijah. At moments I would catch her teary eyed, but she would quickly bat it away.

When we said goodbye to them and Peter came to get Jaelynn and the baby, Cassie held onto me and whispered, "Antonia?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"Cassie?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."