Friends Over

Cassie POV

"This is weird," I said, staring out the back door, "when did those two ever bring people over?"

"They can't just be loners," Antonia said, "it's good that they're socializing outside of each other." Today Jakob and Jessika invited their friends over. Jakob invited Genesis - a girl I secretly think he likes - and Jessika invited Sonna over. Jakob and Genesis have been watching some k-drama, while Jessika has been teaching Sonna how to play soccer.

My blood pressure was through the roof.

"Cassie," I looked over my shoulder to see Antonia giving me the eyebrow, "let them breathe. Come help me with this."

Reluctantly I walked away and joined Antonia at the kitchen table. She was doing this card thing, "What is this?"

"I made cards for each of my clients," she said, "I need help with making it cute."

"I can do that!" I took the cards and started drawing, "This is the first time you've ever asked me to help you with work related stuff."

"Is that okay?" She asked, looking a bit nervous.

"Of course," I said, smiling to myself, "I love helping you." I drew butterflies on some and paper airplanes on others. I had no idea whether or not the client was a boy or girl... I just doodled. The TV in the living room was on, so I happened to glance up and watch a bit as I waited for Antonia to hurry up and give me more.

"I love you... I know you're dating my sister and it's not fair of me to tell you this... but I do love you."

So dramatic.

"It is unfair... let's just pretend we never talked about this."

I watched as the girl grabbed the guy's arm.

"I can't!"

And the guy yanks it away, like usual.

"Your sister is my life! My world! She's everything to me! She's the one I call when Im in trouble, the one I want to see when I wake up and go to sleep, the one I call babe... she's the love of my life."

"'Babe'," I whispered.

"Huh?" Antonia looked at me, "Why are you calling me that?"

Staring at her... I realized something. I've called her two names our entire life together: Antonia and Ani. Both dealt with her name. We have never called each other pet names or endearing names.... And it was annoying me a little.

"Are you okay with being called 'babe'?" I asked.

"No," she chuckled.

"Why?" I pouted.

"Because it's unoriginal and odd. Too many people use that nickname in my opinion... I would want to be called something original or... well, something special between us," she said, "and we already have that."

"Many people call you Antonia," I muttered.

"You can always go back to calling me 'Ani'," she said, but I cringed.

"No... plus many people call you that as well."

"Who?" She asked.

"Jeremiah, Alex, Jennifer... and a few from the past," I mumbled.

She put her pen down and huffed, "Okay well... let's think of some." I thought about it but... NONE OF THEM WORKED FOR HER! She's too serious, she would get weirded out, or calling her the name would just be embarrassing. I hung my head in shame. She lifted my chin and pressed her lips to mine. For a moment I didn't get it but it didn't take long for me to kiss her back, when she pulled away, she looked me in the eyes and muttered, "Babygirl?"

I... melt... like butter in the sun.

My face went pink and I hid myself from her. She laughed at me, "I guess that one is perfect!"

"We can't use that!" I shouted.

"And why not?" She asked.

"The children!" I made up the excuse on the spot... I couldn't handle life if she called me that everyday.

She pondered for a bit, then snapped her fingers, "Then I'll just use it when we're alone and having sex. Boom."

And again, I melt. Just the thought of her saying that to me during our most intimate moments....

I was never going to be able to top her again.

~

"It looked complicated," Jessika said to Sonna, "isn't it hot in the summers?"

"The fabric is very thin and cooling," she said. Sonna went into her bag and handed one to Jessika, "See."

"I can touch it?" She asked.

"Of course weirdo!" They both giggled and Sonna went on to show Jessika how to use it.

"I'm mad that you're younger than me," Genesis said to Jakob, but he just rolled his eyes.

"Well blame your mom," he joked but ended up getting smacked. That boy must love getting punished... I swear, he's a masochist.

Antonia was finishing up the letters when she walked in, kissing me on the cheek and sliding her hand onto my stomach, "What are you making?"

"Spaghetti," I said, "but there is no meat."

"Why?" She asked.

"Sonna can't eat meat. Something about she has to be the one who kills it and then pray over it. She said it's part of halal and if she doesn't follow those steps she is committing haram," I said.

"What is haram?"

"Basically sin in a Christian sense," I said and she nodded, giving me one more kiss but on the lips this time. She stayed connected to me however. She hugged me from behind and nestled her face in my hair. It was ticklish. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She moved her lips to my ear, "I'm thinking of... fun activities."

I nudged her, "Not with so many children present."

"I know," she grumbled and then went over to the table. I was red in the cheeks... thinking about our last time. I don't remember ever having sex that good. It was good, don't get me wrong, but... never like that.

She learned it from Jennifer.

I stopped swirling the sauce and took a deep breath, "Oh... fuck you mind. You're not ruining my day." I put the lid on top of the pot and walked everything over to my family.