Now On

Antonia POV

"God hates me," Cassie jumped onto me, making me drop my book. 

Fixing my glasses, I look at her face and say, "Well, according to the Bible, our relationship is a sin and we will burn in hell for eternity, but I'm guessing you're implying another reason as to why God doesn't like hates us."

She flicked my forehead, making me grin. "Jessika asked me what birthcontrol is," she huffed, "apparently some girl at her school is using some already because of her iron problems... but Jessika doesn't get why it's called birthcontrol."

"How are our children so behind?" I asked.

"Because we're lesbian and have no chance of getting pregnant," she said.

"That's right," I sighed.

She leaned in, whispering into my ear, "But from how I fucked you last night... I wouldn't be surprised if you had a baby Cassie growing in you."  I shoved her off of me, hearing her laugh like crazy.

Changing the topic, I sat away from her, "What did you tell her."

"That you need to talk to your mom about it," she smiled but I flipped her off.

"I don't see why you're so uncomfortable with sex talk.  It's a natural behavior," I said.

"It's natural with you," she said, "it's unnatural for me to discuss such things with my child... especially what may be a straight child."

"You think Jessika is straight?" I asked.

"You don't?"

We both made faces.

"Well anyway," I cleared my throat, "I'll talk to her about it, but I don't think we need to worry about her ever having babies... naturally.  You know who we should have had that talk with?"  She tilted her head all cutely.  "Jaelynn," I said.

"Oh be quiet," Cassie rolled her eyes, "you're ecstatic to be a grandma!"

"I am, but that doesn't mean I'm not afraid of fucking them up!  I mean, look at how bad of a relationship I have with our children!" I pointed out.

"Well, our grandchild won't be our child, so you have a chance.  I mean, you are great with other people's children... just not your own," she joked and I flipped her off again.

Jessika came running down the stairs, "Mom, can you buy me a condom!"

Cassie spat out her water as I said, "Well... maybe we do need to worry about her having babies naturally."

She swung around the corner and smiled, "I heard they make massive water balloons!"

"Never mind," I chuckled, "let's go get some."

"ANTONIA!"

~

After Cassie tried to kill me for getting Jessika a box of condoms so she could fill them up and throw them at Jakob, we sat on the couch and binge watched Anne with an E... god were so old now.

"Not gonna lie," Cassie mumbled because she was eating popcorn, "I'd fuck Gilbert."

"I'd fuck Diana," I said, "then maybe Rosy."

"Rosy?" She asked.

"I have a thing for blondes," I pecked her nose.

She grinned, "Don't start something you won't finish."

"Who said I won't finish?" I muttered back, kissing her lips for a couple seconds.  My phone suddenly buzz and I saw it was Jeremiah.  Picking it up, I sigh, "Yes?"

"Hey... can you please come to Northwest hospital?" He asked.

I tapped Cassie to sit up, "What happened?"

"Norma... she had a stroke."

~

Jessika POV

If there is anybody in this planet I hate the most... it's Marissa Kendrick.  Sitting in the hallway with Jeremiah's kids, Jakob and I have to deal with Marissa's crying.

I know... her mom just had a stroke and we should be empathetic, but she was hysterically crying and throwing herself onto Jakob.  The younger siblings were all good... anxiously waiting for some news... so instead of being mad, I just stayed with them.

Our parents were with Jeremiah, and Jakob and I thought it would be wrong for us to be near them... they were having serious adult conversations.  I was playing connect 4 with Liam when my phone buzzed:

Sonna:

Hey, here's the answers to our math hw. I'm here if you need to talk.

Smiling I replied back with a thumbs up.

"Jessi?" Liam mumbled.

He was only seven, so he was really shy. "What's up?" I asked, smiling.

"Can I have a water?" He looked as if he was about to cry and I'm not good with emotions.

"Yeah... uh... let me go get you some," I got up and went down the hall. Passing one of the waiting rooms, I accidentally found my parents and Jeremiah talking.

"They say it was the cancer," Jeremiah muttered.

"How bad is she?" Mom asked.

"They don't think she'll make it through the night," he choked up, his voice strained and tired. I felt wrong for listening... as if I was a thief of some kind. Turning around I ran back.

Liam tilted his head, "Where's my water?"

He's about to lose his mom.

Tears fell from my eyes as I thought about the confusion he would face... how he wouldn't understand what all of this meant til later... he'd call for his mom and wonder where she went... only to find out he'd never see her again.

Walking over, I hugged him and muttered, "I'll get you it in a bit... I'll get you whatever you need from now on."