Police Sirens

Mention of abuse (mental, sexual, physical, emotional, drug abuse, alcohol) and more are mentioned. 

Stillbirth will also be included.

Please proceed if you are mentally prepared to do so.  Your mental state comes first❤️

Cassie POV

"Stay in the car!" I shouted at the twins as I rushed inside the hospital. Running up to the receptionist, I slammed my hands onto the counter and was basically screaming, "Antonia Louisa Meryl! I'm her wife!"

"Ma'am please calm down," the nurse said, obviously in a mood but I didn't care.

I was about to reach over the fucking counter and force the woman to give me her room number, when I felt arms wrap around me and Jaelynn popping her head around, "Mama... calm down. I'll show you." Glancing over my shoulder I saw it was a random man and when I was about to attack him, Jaelynn spoke up again, "This isn't the best way to introduce him, but that is Peter."

My heart was still going a thousand miles per second and I truly didn't give a shit about Peter, "Where is she?" He let me go and I proceeded to follow Jaelynn. When we got to her room, I handed Jaelynn my car keys, "Go get the twins."

Shoving open the door, I quickly got inside to see the nurse patching Antonia up. Her nose was purplish, her eyelid as big as a walnut, and was appeared to be dry blood near her nostrils. The nurse was wrapping a bandage around her arm when Antonia noticed me. She cleared her throat and tried to give me a smile, "I hope I didn't interrupt the scene where Maleficent destroys that bastard king."

I ignored her attempt to joke and went to the nurse, "How is she?"

"She has a mild concussion and she was given six stitches for a gash in her arm. She'll need to rest for a couple days but she can go home tonight," she said, taking her gloves off when she finished, "we will need to schedule an appointment to get the stitches removed."

"Alright, thank you," I said. She just smiled and left the room. The moment that door closed my face was millimeters from Antonia's and my tone was threatening, "Give me a name."

"Things got out of hand," she said, huffing, "nothing I can't handle."

I gritted my teeth, "A said to give a name."

"For what?" She snapped back, "To go and beat the shit out of them? To get your ass in trouble and end up in a fucking mental facility again? Think of the kids Cassidy." I yelled for a moment, stomping away from her. My anger was boiling and I could feel myself beginning to slip. Taking a seat in the middle of the floor, I went crisscross applesauce and closed my eyes. I tried to do the breathing exercises but the more I sat there the angrier I got. "One, two, three, four, hold... one, two, three, four... release," her voice was soft, it pierced through my furry and calmed me.

After a couple holds and releases, I stood up again and took one more deep breath, "Why did this happen?"She just stared at me a bit. It looked as if she was trying to decide whether or not to tell me. I suddenly got even angrier, "See this is the problem. Something big happens to you and you don't tell me things! This isn't something you just keep to yourself! This is serious Antonia... you literally drove yourself to the hospital as your nose was bleeding out from it getting broken! You cannot just withhold what happened-" "I started it," she interrupted, shutting me up.

"What?" I asked.

She sighed, rubbing her head, "After dinner Jennifer came by the house. She was demanding I give her closure and I told her to fuck off...."

*Antonia and Jennifer fighting*

"I also know that closure doesn't need to be achieved by breaking a boundary," I said, "now, get the fuck off my property and fuck off."

I watched as she just giggled... then she went into a full blown fit.  Infuriated?  Humiliated?  No... rage.  That's what I felt. 

Wanting to get the fuck away from her, I blew past her and went to unlock my door when she said the most outrageous thing, "So this is what people mean love makes you stupid?"

"What?"

"A rapist, a psychotic, a worthless piece of shit that has the mental capacity of a fucking two year old... that's what you're choosing to be with," she kept laughing, completely losing herself. 

"You don't know Cassie or what her life has been, so shut the fuck up and leave me and my family alone," I said, turning to leave again.

"She was abused by her mother since she was 3.  Her preschool teacher knew she was being beaten, starved, and degraded but her Hazel Winters paid her a good sum to shut the fuck up," I turned to look at her and she was grinning, "Cassidy Winters... she was loved for how pretty she was, how girly and cute she was.  Popular in school and all the boys liked her.  She did all the popular sports; volleyball and cheerleading.  When she was 12 years old, Cassidy was hospitalized because at volleyball practice she fainted.. report says she was malnourished and wasn't supposed to leave the hospital but her mother took her anyway.... When Cassidy was seven years old her brother - Elijah Winters - killed himself in front of her.  Do you know he leaves behind a kid?"

"Why the fuck do you know this?"

"He's 28 this year... a charmer I hear," she chuckled, "did you know Cassidy had a younger sister? Her name was Adele. Apparently Adele was born early and was pronounced a stillborn. From what I heard from the psychologist grapevine, Hazel blamed Cassidy for Adele's death... which no one can blame the woman since apparently when Hazel was pregnant with Cassidy the pregnancy fucked up her body... if she never had Cassidy, maybe her body could have stayed healthy and Adele could have survived."

"Get the fuck away from me," I said, moving towards her.

"Allow me to ask Antonia," Jennifer leaned down to me, her face only centimeters from mine, "what do you think the firm will think of they found out their top notch therapist falsified on paperwork about a patients past, just so that patient could adopt children... well I think not only would Cassidy's ass be thrown in an asylum forever, you would get your license taken away, be prosecuted for child endangerment, and be dragged for fraud." Her smirk widened... showing her teeth. She leaned forward, grabbing my ass and pulling me into her, "You sure you're making the right call?"

And without a ducking second thought, I socked her in the fucking face and didn't stop until I heard police sirens.