Jolie, Rider

Antonia POV

"How far along are you?" Cassie asked Jaelynn holding her hand.  We were all at my house, celebrating the announcement of Jaelynn's pregnancy.

Peter and Allie were here as well.  Jakob was playing with her while Jessika was glaring at Peter.  "16 weeks... 17 on Friday," she said, kissing Peter on the cheek.

"Do you know the gender?" Jakob asked, swinging Allie around in the air.

"Not yet," Peter spoke up, "around the 18th and 21st week, we can find out."

"I hope it's a boy," Jessika muttered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Girls are annoying," she shrugged and went upstairs to do god knows what. 

Jaelynn just shook her head, "Well... on another note, my graduation is next month.  I want all of your there."

"What day?" Cassie asked, pulling out her calendar.

"The 26th," she said.  She turned to look at me, a little nervous I could tell, "Are you able to come?"

"Of course," I said, "I'll block out the entire week."  I watched as a big smile came onto her face.  Jaelynn was all grown up. Her baby was as big as an apple and my baby is having a baby. The wrinkles on my face seem to have multiplied. "So Peter, what do you do for work?" I asked, moving closer to Cassie.

"I just got hired to work as an IT guy for a major company," he said.

"Congratulations," Cassie leaned back into me. Resting her head on my arm, "What is Allie's full name? Allison?"

"Actually no," he cleared his throat, "her first name is Amity. Her full name is Amity Allie Wong."

"Why doesn't she go by Amity?" I asked.

"Allie, come here baby," Jaelynn called. We watched her run over, a little wobbly. Jaelynn crouches down a little and picks her up. Putting her in her lap, she plays with her hair, "Can you say your first name for me?"

"Um-me-tea," she said, making Cassie and I melt from cuteness.

"Can you say Allie?"

"Al-ye," she said, rocking a little... again, I was a pile of mush.

"Such a cutie!" Cassie instantly grabbed her and swung her around, making airplane noises. I leaned back, admiring them... then suddenly an idea popped in my head...

I wonder what Cassie would have looked like pregnant.

I quickly tossed that idea in the dumpster... I don't need anymore children to fuck up. Fixing myself, I heard Peter whisper to Jaelynn, "I'm going to the restroom real quick." They gave each other a kiss and then he took off.

"How are you feeling about this Jaelynn?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You always said you didn't want kids until you settled in your career, was in your thirties, and married... how are you feeling right now?" I asked.

She took a deep breath, "When I found out... I felt as if my life was over. I thought I had ruined myself and Peter.... Did you know he didn't want anymore kids?"

"Jaelynn...," I muttered.

"I was so scared... I remember crying a lot and just feeling alone... I almost called you," she chuckled, making my heart hurt, "but then Peter caught me and I told him everything. He told me we would do it together because he loved me. To be honest, I don't think he was excited about this baby... neither am I a little... but I know I will love them and cherish them... I'll be the best mom I can be because my child deserves that."