Ch. 46

Optimus Prime POV
Lightning lays in bed, staring at the wall. It's clear she has been crying, and it's not even ten in the morning.
"Go away!" She sobs.
I move the desk chair by the bed and sit down, "Lightning, you know—."
"That I hurt her, and she's at least mad at me? Thanks for reminding me!"
I don't know how much this will help, but I tell Lightning about how Jamie has friends who most hated, but she was one of a few to believe they could do good.
"None of them killed her, did they?! No way I didn't kill her, and she had to be revived!"
I don't know what else to say; she needs time. I only hope the two girls can repair their friendship.

"You want me to talk to her?" Rangeblade asks as I close the door.
"Not now," we look in Drift's room, seeing Jamie calm and pain-free, "leave them alone for a while."
I'll let Crosshairs and Drift handle this.

Lightening POV
The room is quiet for ten minutes until Crosshairs walks in.
"Come on, get up," he says while taking the blankets off me.
"NO!"
"I can carry you out of bed."
I fight him, punching him in the nose, but he still carries me out of bed and down to the kitchen as his nose bleeds.

Drift is plating breakfast but watches Crosshairs struggle to make me sit at the island. I hate the disappointment on his face. He gives Crosshairs and me our plates before carrying a tray out of the kitchen.
"He was going to; she's in too much pain to even stand up," Crosshairs explains as he gets a paper towel for his nose.
"She's stronger now; can't we have the friend do surgery to repair the ribs?"
"I don't know why that was not done before we brought her here. Drift would have waited a few more days."
"We weren't told either way," Cade adds, "you know Hound has been studying human medicine, Crosshairs."
I can tell Crosshairs is thinking of Bee's idea. I know he nor Drift wouldn't let Jamie's pain get too bad. I leave the room, not wanting to hear Crosshairs tell Cade to do nothing, not caring I left my plate behind.

I look in Drift's room, seeing Rangeblade sitting by Jamie, who is comfortable for now.
"... come watch T.V. downstairs with me and Hot Rod," Rangeblade suggests.
I figured Drift would argue it's a good idea and good for her healing to walk a little — but not down the stairs. I go to my room before any of them see me.

Rangeblade POV
I have to do something about this. For Jamie to trust me and not think I'm not waiting for the right moment to contact Megatron to kill everyone, but to be at least mad at Lightning is not good. I have been told these two worked together before but never formed a friendship. What a shame, then this would have gone the way everyone hoped. Maybe Lightning would have been happy Crosshairs met Jamie, and Crosshairs would have gotten what he wanted.
I watch Jamie try to walk down the hall to the theatre room, clearly in pain even though the infusion just finished, but she keeps moving to the door where Hot Rod is waiting. He picks her up and carries her to the sectional, laying her down. She's in a little pain, but Drift says it'll go away in a few minutes.

An hour passes before I see Lightning looking to join us, but uncertain. I'm able to get Drift's attention without Jamie knowing.

Drift's POV
Lightning is uncertain as she stands by the door.
"She's distracted," I tell her.
"No, I don't want to cause her pain when she realizes I'm sitting by her."
She tries to leave, but I stop her.
"Then why'd you come here in the first place? You worry about her, and no matter how often you tell yourself you give up, you want to repair your friendship with her. It's going to be rough at first — even if she wasn't dealing with pain. You know how much I hate seeing my girl in pain. I could have refused Bumblebee's plan, but I want Crosshairs to have what he wants, for you and Jamie to think of each other as sisters. Bee is right about how you can easily hurt Jamie again right now, and it's probably the only way we can get Jamie to trust you."
I make Lightning come join us. I sit between her and Jamie, who is looking like she'll fall asleep.

By noon, both girls' stomachs are making noise. It's funny Ratchet programmed even that little detail.
"ok, break time for lunch," Hot Rod declares, "I'm getting hungry too."
Rangeblade sees Lightning has been here the past half-hour, uncertain if she should say something.
Everything falls apart when I pick Jamie up, failing to consider Lightning would be behind me. Jamie tries to break free from my hold, which causes much pain.
"Stay," I instruct Lightning and lay Jamie on the sectional, "easy, you're safe."
Now Jamie is trying to relieve the pain, then get away or fight Lightning. Hot Rod tries to help calm Jamie down.
"Come on, you know I wouldn't let her near you if it wasn't safe," I remind her.
I don't know if she's afraid she'll get hurt again or that Hot Rod, Rangeblade, or I will get hurt.
I don't want to get the others as she'll be embarrassed once she calms down, but I worry she thinks the others aren't safe.

Optimus Prime POV
This is not like Jamie to be this afraid, even if she's worried about everyone's safety. I'm glad she's not trying to fight while in pain, but I believe she normally would try to fight.
It's hard to figure out what she's thinking. Or how much the nightmares influence her thoughts. This is when her short stature is a good thing, as I can hold her easier.
"Stop; I promise you everyone is safe."
Lightning isn't sure if she should leave or not.
"Should we have everyone come in here?" Hot Rod asks.
I shake my head no as I rub Jamie's back. Crosshairs and Drift talk about how this helps though it's unclear why. 

Bumblebee POV
I knew things would be rough at first, but I didn't think Jamie would be like this. I was expecting more anger from her. This might be a little better. I failed to consider how the nightmares have affected her thinking.
"She thinks Lightning is a con, and we're in danger," Hot Rod whispers.
"I didn't think her mind would take this route. I-I don't know if my plan is good right now."
Crosshairs walks in as Lightning is backing away, bumping right into him. She looks at him and hugs him. What are these nightmares that have been plaguing you, Jamie?