Ch. 55

Lightning POV
Crosshairs has been keeping a close eye on me for the past five days. It’s been a month and three days since I shot Jamie, yet she’s still dealing with a lot of pain. Crosshairs struggles to be with both of us and make sure Jamie isn’t panicking when he’s gone. The nightmares still plague her, likely the same one every time. I didn’t think things could get worse...
“She told me to stop going to her dimension,” Crosshairs says as tears roll down his face, “she didn’t want to tell me, but she’s terrified you’ll hurt us. I worry, how long before she tells Drift to leave?”
I don’t know what to say or do. I screwed up to the point it’s unfixable.

Crosshairs fell asleep, and I spot Drift walking down the hall. I don’t want to ask if he was told to stay away. I’m running out of ideas here.
“You are not planning on seeing her, are you?” Optimus asks.
“So that’s it then? She already told Crosshairs to never go back to her dimension.”
“Then it’s a good time to spend time with Crosshairs,” Optimus advises before opening a portal in front of me. I didn’t see Drift was around until he entered the portal. All I can do is lie next to Crosshairs and half-hug him as he sleeps.

Jamie POV
I try to sit up and ignore the pain. It’s finally ignorable, but not when I’m walking. Drift helped me downstairs before he left. I hate I had to tell Crosshairs to never come back, but how long before she snaps and kills him? Then would she kill Drift?

Optimus Prime POV
Drift told me he left Jamie on the sectional, but we find her having an anxiety attack. Drift rushes to her and hugs her.
“I’m here; it’s ok.”
This is worse than I thought. I fear the only solution is to have the two girls together and have Jamie panic at first. Jamie can’t fight Lightning, and Lightning doesn’t want to fight her.
Optimus: bring Lightning here.
Crosshairs: no, I’m not causing Jamie more stress.
I take it they’ve both seen this all week, scrap.

Crosshairs returns as Jamie calms down. Drift takes her up to her room, likely starting another infusion. Crosshairs and I wait for Drift to come downstairs to talk. As we wait, Lightning texts Crosshairs, worried about Jamie.

We wait an hour before Drift comes downstairs and tells us Jamie is asleep.
He sits next to Crosshairs, already not looking forward to the conversation.
“I know you both will not like what I have to say,” I sigh, dreading I will make them mad, “I talked to Hound about this; I think we need to do Bee’s plan—.”
“No!” Drift argues.
“I know it’s hard watching her panic, but Hound and I believe this is the safest route. I fear Jamie will not forgive as easy as she has in the past.”
“We can calm her down easier than keeping her from fighting Lightning,” Crosshairs adds.

Crosshairs POV
I think it’s time for Rangeblade to say what she wanted to say to Jamie a week ago. I just worry this will turn into Jamie hating her. I don’t like this; this is not the Jamie we know and love. I know why she’s terrified; who wouldn’t be after what happened? 

I get Lightning and Rangeblade to come with me to Jamie’s dimension. Both are uncertain about what I want to do. 
Drift holds Jamie as they sit on the couch. The infusion finished ten minutes ago, so she should be pain free for a few hours. We’re hoping she’ll want to watch T.V. with the girls.
It’s a little cold today; a perfect opportunity to wrap Jamie in her red blanket and keep a good hold on her. Neither Drift nor I like this idea, but hopefully, it’ll be easier to keep her relaxed.
Rangeblade and I sit on either side of Drift. Lightning sits next to me. Optimus moves to sit on the coffee table, looking at Jamie.
“Jamie, I already told you we will protect you. If I didn’t believe Lightning is sorry for what she did, I wouldn’t let her near you. I know; who could trust someone who killed them? But with the other friends, you trust that honestly. I’m amazed you do, yet you don’t trust Crosshairs’ sister,” Drift repeats.
“I told you I’m not taking what Lightning did lightly, either. I still can’t believe she went that far, and I don’t know what I’d think of my sister if we lost you.”
“You know I have to make sure everyone is safe,” Optimus adds, “I’ve been fighting a war long enough to deal with traitors and liers. To know for sure that Lightning feels guilt for what she did.”
I’m amazed Jamie is still calm. Rangeblade has a look of uncertainty.
“Look, Jamie, I don’t get how you can trust me — who’s not even an Autobot  — but you don’t trust Lightning? 
Shit, she’s panicking. I hug Rangeblade, hoping to keep her calm. 
“I don’t know what else to do to show you I’m sorry,” Lighting explains, “I have been trying to stay with you to monitor your pain level. I have my gun in case that glitch returns, thinking you’re too injured to fight. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize Crosshairs would spend time with both of us sooner.”
She gets up and runs upstairs. I take Jamie from Drift and follow Lightning upstairs. Jamie doesn’t refuse as I walk upstairs.
Don’t tell me you sedated her, Drift?

Lightning ran to Jamie’s toom — the third bedroom on the left. She’s never seen the bedrooms here, but it’s obvious which one is Jamie’s. Oddly, she didn’t go to the first bedroom. She found the one picture of Jamie, Drift, and me that Jamie printed.
“Here, take her,” I insist. Of course, now Jamie tries to break free from her blanket wrap, “easy, I’m not going anywhere.” Lightning puts the picture on the bed and takes Jamie. I don’t think this is what Optimus thought when he told me to bring my Photoshop work, “look, we’re a family — even if you and Drift are together and I’m the roommate — and I want this to happen.”
I show Jamie my Photoshop work. 

“How much sedation did you give her?” I ask Drift as Lightning, and I sit with the others. Jamie fell asleep and is in bed.
“A safe amount,” Drift replies.
‘So she was out of it?" Rangeblade asks.
“No, enough to keep her relaxed,” Drift corrects, “she heard everything.”
“Either nothing will happen, or something good will come out of all this,” I tell everyone, “come on, let’s go back to our dimension.”
I take the two girls back to our dimension - hoping something good will come out of this - while Drift and Optimus stay behind.