Ch. 14

Rangeblade POV
I didn't know one of the others got Optimus Prime to come to talk to me. What's there to talk about? Crosshairs hates me; no doubt he'll try to kill me. I worry he'll harm the others if they try to protect me. I need to leave before anyone gets seriously injured. I insisted on leaving, but Prime won't let me, no matter what I tell him could happen by letting me stay.
"So what's the plan now? You know what will happen if Crosshairs is near me."
"You must tell Crosshairs your story. I know the others would like to know."
"Nothing will change his mind. Sure, it's true. I hate the destruction Megatron and Sentinel did. Something just didn't feel right knowing they killed humans, then...."
"You thought of the Cybertronians killed in the war. We may be more advanced than humans in many ways, but we are as humans in other ways. Not all humans realize they're doing wrong, and not all Cybertronians realize they're doing wrong. All we can do is hope Crosshairs realizes what he's doing wrong before further harm is done."
Prime insists I return to the property with him.

As I feared, Crosshairs is awake. I tried to walk the other way, but Prime stops me. He insists I tell Crosshairs and the others what I told him. He ordered Crosshairs to stay and listen to me. I nervously tell the Autobots and humans what I told Prime. I know I didn't tell Prime when or why I came to Earth, and I'd rather not say. It's not like it's going to help the situation. The others are happy I realized how the cons are wrong, but Crosshairs thinks I'm lying and walks away furious.
"At least he didn't fight you," Lightning points out.
"I'll talk to him," Drift says.
"No, Drift, don't!" I plea, but he ignores me.
I fall to my knees, terrified I just ruined another friendship, unaware Hot Rod and Lightning are hugging me.

Crosshairs POV
I can't believe that con made up a story claiming she realized the cons have been in the wrong all this time. Damn, a junk car would come in handy right now.
"Crosshairs-," Drift starts.
"DON'T TELL ME YOU BELIEVE HER!?" I rage.
Without thinking or giving Drift a chance to answer, I punched him in the helm, causing him to fall to the ground. I thought that's all I did, but I knocked him out. I can't get him to wake up. I'm going to be in a lot of trouble if the others are still around the barn, but I can't leave Drift here. I'm able to pick him up and carry him to the barn.

"What did you do?" Lightning asks as I lie Drift on the berth.
"I didn't mean to, I swear," I tell her as she looks over Drift. It doesn't matter if I leave the barn or not, there's no lie, Lightning, or I can tell the others. I'm busted if anyone walks in before Drift wakes up or if he's pissed at me when he wakes up. Lightning and I stayed in the barn, waiting for Drift to wake up. Lightning tells me she's worried Drift will fight me. If that's what he'll do, I deserve it.

I'm lucky the others didn't come by. Drift is out for four hours before waking up. He sits at the edge of the berth and looks at Lightning and me.
I waste no time apologizing and hugging him.
"It's alright, Crosshairs," Drift assures me while hugging me.
"How can you be ok with him knocking you out?" Lightning asks.
Drift looks at her silently saying they'll talk later, before insisting we go for a walk. Lightning says she wants to see what the others are doing.

Lightning POV
I don't know how Drift can forgive Crosshairs for knocking him out. Crosshairs' anger is a serious problem.
I'm glad Rangeblade is attempting to spend time with the others, who seem to be more accepting of her. I doubt they completely trust her, but enough not to make her feel like she needs to stay in the barn.
I activate my holoform and join them in watching a movie.

Hot Rod asks Rangeblade to join him for lunch. She's adjusting well to eating human foods. I stay in the living room and wait for Drift. I was expecting him to call me, but he walks into the living room an hour later. Thankfully, his holoform doesn't show any injury from Crosshairs punching him. He sits next to me, smiling. I am certain he had a conversation with Crosshairs once I walked away.
"I don't think I could even forgive Crosshairs for knocking me out," I tell him.
"You don't understand, do you? We all thought you were killed on Cybertron. We didn't know you've been on Earth all this time. Though even if Bee told us, we wouldn't have been able to find you with Cemetery Wind hunting us. Crosshairs is afraid what we thought happened to you will happen, and having Rangeblade around isn't helping."
"What did you tell him?"
"That you know the dangers of letting a con be around us, but you know what you're doing. Also, if Prime thought this would be a trap, he wouldn't let Rangeblade stay. He's still not going to trust Rangeblade for a while, but this should set him in the right direction. Hopefully, to avoid fighting her and trusting her enough to work on the same team with her when Prime decides we'll start his trust-building plan."
I wonder when we'll start that plan?
"Do you think Crosshairs is right?" I ask.
Drift doesn't answer; he takes out his phone and looks at a picture which answers my question, scrap.
I find Crosshairs and suggest we go for a drive.

Optimus Prime POV
This is a challenge; I have to make sure things don't turn violent before having Crosshairs work together with Rangeblade. The problem is the longer I wait, the more furious Crosshairs gets Rangeblade is here. His belief he's no longer friends with Jamie isn't helping.

Rangeblade POV
I have nowhere to go, but away from here is better than destroying more friendships.
Jamie, Drift... who's next? Crosshairs hating his sister, who he thought was dead? I'll go through the woods instead of driving off at the driveway. Not sure how much woods I'll have to walk through, but it'll be harder for them to find me. They'll realize I'm gone even if I don't write a note, so I'm leaving my apology before leaving.

Autobots and humans,
I'm sorry I've caused friendships to be torn apart and violence among you. I see Megatron has destroyed any chances of the two sides coming together, even on a planet where the war hasn't affected the planet as it has Cybertron. It's better I leave.
                                                      Rangeblade

I quietly make my way towards the woods, unsure where to go once I find my way out of the woods. I didn't even take any Energon with me, which may prove to be a terrible choice, but I don't want Crosshairs to be pissed I took Energon. To him, it'll be I stole it. Even if I took only one cube, he'd be furious.