Ch. 30

Third-person 
Drift has been trying to get Jamie to change her mind while Lightning keeps Crosshairs busy with things they can do together. Optimus and the others watch, not liking they're not sure what to do without endangering Jamie.  

Lightning made plans for today, Christmas Eve, to make everyone happy without the bitch.  She ignores the depressed state Crosshairs and Drift are in, telling herself it'll pass while thinking how to kill the bitch. 
"I'm not coming," Drift tells Lightning when she tells everyone her plan to check out the Christmas lights after dinner. 
"What are you going to do?" She interstates. 
Drift can't believe how Lightning is acting. It's true, he plans on seeing Jamie, but the fact Lightning is acting this way; Like Sunstreaker, shocks everyone. 
"Stay away from her!!" Lightning rages before going to her room. 

The others go into Hound's room to talk about the events that transpired the past five days. 
"Something is up," Hound points out, "hard to believe Jamie would give up and tell us to forget about her." 
"She knows Lightning will hurt her if she returns; believes this is the only answer." Drift explains in a sad tone. 
Crosshairs remains quiet, having a hard time believing Jamie truly thinks Lightning would kill her, and thinking what if she's right? 

Everyone is quiet at dinner; tension and sadness can be felt. Vivian is not liking this is how the first Christmas together is turning out. Rangeblade doesn't understand how Lightning was happy last night about Christmas and now is acting like Megatron. 

Everyone likes what the humans have done with Christmas lights, but it's hard to have a good time while someone is missing and someone else is acting like an aft. Drift is happy he's able to take pictures without Lightning scolding him. 

Back home 

Lightning POV 
Thanks for helping me realize I need to delete her number from everyone's phone, Drift. 

I find Drift's phone on his desk while he's in the shower. It hurts hearing him cry in the shower, but he'll get over it.
"What are you...," Crosshairs asks as he walks in but stops as he realizes Drift is crying, "out!" He demands. 

I'm unable to get to the others' phones, damn it. All I can do is finish my Christmas present for Crosshairs. 

I thought Crosshairs would have walked into my room at some point to yell at me, but he didn't. I find he went to bed instead. 

I find Crosshairs and Drift talking to Vivian the next morning. Drug holding a stack of presents. 
"Can you hold on to these?" Drift asks in a sad tone, "maybe things will be better by her birthday." 
Vivian immediately puts the presents on the floor and hugs Drift. I can tell how unhappy Crosshairs is about this. The two mechs go back into Drift's room and close the door. 
"Please let things turn out the way we thought they'd turn out," I hear Vivian say before taking the stack of presents to her room. 
I slam the door shut and sit on my bed. 

Lighting; you fucking bitch. Even when you're not here, you're on their minds. 

I'm amazed she doesn't reply, but I don't care if she doesn't. 

Drift POV 
All the years I've known Jamie, this would have been the first Christmas we spent together, but now she's not coming back probably at all. Everyone hates this, but — even though Jamie says we're not officially together — I feel like we broke up, and before Christmas.  
"I can't believe how things have gotten," Crosshairs sighs, "you need to go; I'll deal with Lightning." 
"No, things are already scrap," I sigh.  

Crosshairs POV
I am not happy he's going to muddle through the day, that he feels afraid of Lightning. 
Well, Vivian, you are right. 

We try to have a nice breakfast together before opening presents, but a depressed mood can be felt. This is not how today is supposed to be like.  

Lightning's smile as she opens the box with a green trench coat doesn't help, nor does her excitement for a road trip together — well, road & ground bridge trip as I have plans to take her around the world. With how long we can go in-between short rests, I figure this will take a few weeks, but it's fine if it's a longer vacation. 

"This is also for you and Jamie. I'm just sorry I can't be here for her," I explain to Drift as we sit in his room, "I don't see things turning out the way we want. I can't believe I have to do things like this. Yeah, it's great I'll be spending time with my sister, but it's the only way Jamie can come here; it's scrap." 

That night, I went to see Jamie. I was expecting her to be afraid Drift and I came to see her, but instead, she runs up to us, knocking us to the floor. It hurts me how much she's crying. She thought she could handle staying away from us, but she hates this. I can't even promise her this scrap will end. It was hard to go home knowing how sad Jamie is. 

I know Drift has gone to his room to cry as I go to my room. I sit at my desk, looking at my Photoshop work.
"Why? Why can't I have the reunion I've been dreaming about? The family I've been dreaming about?"