Ch. 11

Crosshairs POV
It's been two weeks since Jamie left. I don't know what Prime's plan is now, but we haven't started his plans for building trust with Rangeblade. Fine by me if he's not bothering until Jamie comes back, whenever that may be. I refuse to be a part of a team with that con.

Today is what humans call Thanksgiving. Bee and Prime know what this holiday entails, but Drift, Hound, and I came to Earth a few weeks before N.E.S.T. was terminated, and we had to scatter into hiding. We're wondering why Jamie never brought it up or invited us when this holiday took place in her dimension. Figures, the first year we're doing this holiday, and she's not here. I try to think at least my sister is here, but oh yeah, that fragging con is still here. I don't think today will be a good day. Drift is already displeased our friend isn't here.

I find him in the barn a few feet from the con, talking on the phone. I assume he's talking to Jamie. I don't stay for long, but I think he'll be on the phone for a while.

In her holoform, Lightning helps Tessa and Vivian set up for dinner as Cade and Hot Rod, in his holoform, cook dinner. Wonder if Lightning bought a nice dress? That would explain why she went out with Tessa the other day. I have no problem if she wants to spend time with Tessa or go into town. It's when she wants to spend time with Rangeblade, I have a problem with, even if it's around the property.

Optimus Prime POV
This year's Thanksgiving doesn't feel complete, no matter what I tell myself.
Yes, Lighting is here, but Jamie isn't. Even if she was here, we'd have Crosshairs not liking Rangeblade. The others still aren't sure about letting her stay, but they take the avoiding her approach rather than trying to get her to leave. It'll be some time before Crosshairs trusts Rangeblade and for her to feel welcomed. I worry about what'll happen until that day.

"Sir, are you sure this is a good idea?" Lightning asks once I tell everyone, but Crosshairs, Rangeblade should have a holoform.
"I still can't believe Drift lied before," Hound comments.
"It was for a good reason, though we all knew he'd be pissed," Drift explains, "and still will be."
"But it's an important step in the plan. You know how bad things will turn out if we use our bipedal form," Bee adds.
While we have guns on our holoforms, I will take them from everyone and lock them up. I know the speech Crosshairs will give me. Enough of this for now.
"So, I know it's likely too soon, but when is Jamie coming back?" Lightning asks.
"I don't know," Drift says, sadness in his voice. I don't know if he's always like this when she leaves or not. I have him stay with me as the others go off to do their own thing to talk to him.

Lightning POV
With Crosshairs somewhere else around the property, Hound and I can program Rangeblade's holoform. She's happy to hear Jamie, and I designed her holoform before Jamie left. Tessa doesn't like how Rangeblade's holoform has a goth style.
"I thought we were trying to show Crosshairs she's not a con?"
"A con would pick any style to blend in. Jamie and I think this style suites Rangeblade."
Though I picked out the formal attire, the short black dress, black leggings, and knee-high black boots fit. Rangeblade didn't want to add the makeup and black fingernails Jamie and I decided would fit the outfit.

I picked up a nice red dress that ends at my knees, light tan tights, and half-inch black heels. I found a black jacket that matches perfectly with the dress. Rangeblade, Tessa, and I will change later when dinner is almost ready. Not sure what Vivian is doing with her outfit for dinner. I suspect Drift has something nice. Not sure if Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Hot Rod or Hound have something nice or don't care.

"All you're doing is not wearing your trench coat," I comment, seeing Crosshairs' idea of formal attire, "though it makes what you're wearing much nicer."
"Exactly," he smiles as he sits on the bed beside me.
I think it's the best we'll get from Crosshairs.

I tried to see what Drift is doing and possibly wearing at dinner, but he wants to be left alone, which even concerns Crosshairs.

Cade POV
Like everyone else, it's hard for me to think this is a good day, even though I haven't done Thanksgiving since the shit with KSI and the seed. Though Thanksgiving hasn't been great since Tessa's mom died. It's been nothing but another Thursday since Tessa left for college since I couldn't talk to or visit her. Crosshairs' sister is back, so this should be a good day for all of us, but it's not. We can only make the best out of the day.

Rangeblade POV
I don't understand what this Thanksgiving holiday is about, but there's a mix of emotions around here. Even though I haven't been here for long, it seems unusual for Drift to be down. I'm glad I'm able to get into his room without Crosshairs seeing me. I'm tired of him yelling at me. Though I'm not sure how to cheer him up. Oh, duh, it's easy, but it's likely temporary.

Third-person POV
Dinner is ready three hours later. Crosshairs is displeased Rangeblade is allowed to be with them and that she has a holoform, but he's more bothered by how unhappy Drift is.
Everyone is disappointed Jamie can't be here, but he's really disappointed. Crosshairs thought. It's not exactly the same, but I hate I have my sister back, but Drift's girl isn't here.

Everyone talked about what they are thankful for, even though mentioning Jamie was hard on everyone. Crosshairs did a speech about how happy he is Lightning is back, but of course, he threw in how displeased he is Rangeblade is with them. It disgusts everyone he did this and tries to change the subject. The problem is what to talk about?

Hound POV
I can't believe Crosshairs had to ruin the dinner. As if this feels a little off to begin with.

Bumblebee POV
I'm not surprised Crosshairs had to ruin the dinner. He'll take any opportunity he can to remind us how much he hates Rangeblade.

Drift POV
We all know Crosshairs hates Rangeblade, but I feel like part of why he brought his hate for her up is to hide how disappointed he is Jamie can't be here.
"Come on, let's go for a walk," Lightning insists.
She also gets Crosshairs to join us.

The sun is setting as we walk to the hill where Crosshairs made the memorial for Lightning. Though it's gone now.
"Yes, I destroyed it. Why keep it? I'm here," Lightning explains, seeing how displeased Crosshairs is.
"But-."
"But nothing, Crosshairs!" She scolds.
I sit on the ground, not caring what the problem is. Instead of continuing the discussion, Crosshairs and Lightning sit with me, and we watch the sunset.