Ch. 27

Lightning POV 
It's five at night when I wake up. I open the door to see Crosshairs on his phone, not looking happy. I'm in no mood to talk about that bitch. Ignoring Crosshairs, I go downstairs to the kitchen. Cogman is cooking dinner. 

".... I know this is ignoring several problems, but we might give Lighting an opportunity to kill her," I hear Hound talk to someone. 
"So we are ignoring a few problems!" Hot Rod rages. 
I hear them go upstairs.  
I'm doing everyone a favor, Hot Rod. 

Crosshairs POV
 Hot Rod is furious as he walks by me towards his room. I don't need to ask anyone why he's furious. It's a little surprising he's furious considering how angry Jamie is at him.  

I sit on my bed, hoping half the dreams I've had will come true. Half died when I found my sister, but sometimes I'd dream I found her, and we're all happy together. Though the war still rages on in some of my dreams, we're fighting together as a team, even Jamie. Some dreams are about nice days between battles. I see little details in my dreams, like a few more pictures added to my desk and the wall behind the desk. This idea we could have been a happy family is now just a dream. I'm not even going to bother telling Lightning. 

Lightning POV 
Dinner is done by six. It already feels off seeing Drift's spot vacant, and no one wants to talk about anything. I was expecting the topic to be about Rangeblade having a room in the house, even Crosshairs arguing about it. It's going to feel off for a while, but better than an undercover con here. It's not long before Rangeblade leaves with her dinner, Hot Rod following her. Is he trying to get together with her even with all this scrap going on? 

Rangeblade POV 
How did you do it, Drift? Surely you dealt with a lot of Autobots not trusting you, even Autobots fighting you. This has to be nothing compared to what you dealt with, but I need you here. 

Hot Rod brings up how he wanted the two of us to leave after Crosshairs knocked me out, but the others told him I'd say no. He's right, I would — at least to him leaving. 
"If you're leaving, then I'm coming with you," he argues. 
"I don't know..." 
Hot Rod hugs me and drops the subject. 

Two days later

Crosshairs POV
Hound knocks on my door at ten in the morning, telling me I need to come with him to Jamie's dimension.   "NO, CROSSHAIRS!! YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE NEAR HER!!" Lightning yells. 
If Hound told me Drift wants me to go to Jamie's dimension, then I assume it's because she wants to see me, but the fact Hound is going means something is wrong. 
"She's sick," Hound tells Lightning. 
"Good," Lightning snaps. 
Damn, I think she knows enough about the human body to know Jamie's wound is infected. I doubt it's bad that Jamie could die. 
"Lightning," we hear Optimus as he walks towards us, "if I have to order Crosshairs to go with Hound, so you'll let him go, I will." 
She growls before going to her room. I'm about to say something when my phone goes off. 

Jamie; I want you here, but if it's going to hurt your relationship with Lightning, then forget it. 

"Excuse me," I say before going to my room and closing the door. 

Jamie; knowing you, you have been dreaming about Lightning returning and her and I being friends. Forget about me before she chooses to forget about you. 

I text Hound to go without me, and I'll explain later. 
It could have been perfect. 

Lightning POV 
I'm not letting that bitch ruin my day. I had plans to go to the mall to get Crosshairs a Christmas gift today.  
"Can I come with you?" Rangeblade asks. 
I nod and wait for her to get her jacket and boots. 

I'm not sure what to get Crosshairs. Not because we can literally have anything we want while staying with Vivian — well, I'm sure there are some exceptions — and I don't know if he has everything he wants. I was hoping to figure that out as we spent time together the past few days.

Rangeblade and I finish our Christmas shopping in three hours. We successfully get our bags to our rooms. I'm a little surprised Crosshairs didn't text or call me wondering where I am, especially since Rangeblade wasn't around.   
He's actually ignoring me; what the frag?! 

I'm about to go to my room when a portal opens. Crosshairs steps out, immediately not liking I'm here. 
So he went from thinking Rangeblade could hurt me to not caring if she was planning on betraying us? 
He ignores me and goes to his room, closing the door behind him. 

I've been keeping a list of scrap that's been going on. It's the same issue; someone having a problem with someone else. 

Crosshairs not trusting Rangeblade. 
Jamie furious at Hot Rod 
The others, including Crosshairs, not being pleased with my opinion of Jamie. Maybe add not pleased at Tessa's to the list. 

We can resolve most of the problems if I kill that bitch. No fragging way she's an important part of the plan to get Crosshairs to trust Rangeblade. 

Three hours ago 

Crosshairs POV
I hate how I have to sneak around my sister to see my friend. I watch her and Rangeblade go downstairs. They'll be out for at least two hours.

I don't know if I will ever show Lightning this, but I record Jamie's response — or lack of — as Hound looks over her. 
"Are you sure this is minor?" I ask. 
Hound shows me the wound and draws blood from Jamie's abdomen. This bothers Jamie, but all she does is weakly whimper.
"It's not just an infected wound," Hound sighs, "does it make you feel better to know she would have gotten sick even if Lightning didn't hurt her? It's a bad flu, but an infected wound isn't helping." 
Hound finishes and leaves, and I stop recording. 
"You didn't have to come here. She sleeps most of the time," Drift tells me. 
I'm certain he wanted to add, 'and Lightning will be furious if she finds out you're here.' 
I can't believe I have to go behind my sister's back to be with the other femme I care about. 
"I can't stay away while she's sick," I argue. 
I'd rather deal with Lightning yelling at me. 
I lie on the bed beside Jamie and take her hand. 

I ended up falling asleep. 
Scrap, I've been here for three hours. 
"I'm sorry, but I need to go," I tell Jamie even though she's asleep. 

I walk through the portal to find Lightning in the hallway. 
Scrap. 
I'm in no mood for her scrap. I ignore her and go to my room, closing the door behind me. 
I don't think she's been in my room — or at least on my computer — to find a photoshopped photo I've made. I should delete it since it's just a dream that'll never come true, but I can't.