Ch. 65

Bumblebee POV
When I said there's still work to be done, I wasn't thinking about Jamie's mental health; but this is still building trust. Jamie struggles to trust anyone who tries to show her love, but I've never seen her like this with Autobots or new human friends who'll work with us. It's been more of an issue back in her dimension. Crosshairs and Drift know more than me, which makes me feel guilty. Maybe it's because I was once her guardian or because I've known her longer. 
"Bumblebee?" Optimus asks, "are you dwelling on the past?"
He sounds like he's asking because he has been and is wondering if I have been.
"Yes, sir," I regretfully answer.
Optimus sighs, "you know how I say they're no point in dwelling on the past because it is pointless; but I have thought often what if we did things differently when Jamie was a kid? What if I figured out a way to keep it secret and help her? Maybe things would be better if Crosshairs and Drift joined us from the beginning."
I know he's had this guilt for years, but it's still hard hearing my leader say he's been feeling this guilt. He's right though, we can't go back and change how things could have been done, so why think 'what if?'. All we can do is think about how can we help Jamie now. I hope we don't have to think about how do we move on, knowing we're the only Autobots left. 
"We must think about the positive, Bumblebee," Optimus says and walks away.
There have been some positive things — even if something bad had to happen first — Jamie trusts Lightning, and while it wasn't the best for her recovery from what Lightning did, Jamie suffered a flare-up. I know it's unpredictable, but I'm hoping Hot Rod, Lightning, and Rangeblade don't have to see one for a while. I don't feel like we're at the point we want to be yet. I have an idea.

Lightning POV
".... it's not like she avoids you three now," Bee argues after suggesting a game night. Though now that he said something, I can't believe we have had no fun aside from the pool a month ago. Sure, watching T.V. is good, but I don't like I haven't tried to do anything else since Hound said Jamie is healed.
"Don't feel bad, Lightning. This situation has been a challenge that something simple can be overlooked," Bee tells me, "let's go talk to the others."

"That sounds fun," Hot Rod chirps, "I can't believe I didn't think about that, and I've been on Earth for a lot longer than everyone else."
I believe he also dealt with humans with mental health struggles. Though I think Jamie is more complicated because of her being a cross-dimensional traveler.
"You don't think she's thinking about all the Autobots that we don't know if they're alive or not?" Hot Rod asks.
I sigh, "it's possible; it's been six years, and with two groups of humans paid to hunt us down formed in that time. It's going to be hard to get her mind to stop thinking about them, and the ones she knows are gone."

We find the others in the kitchen, eating breakfast. Jamie is happy, and Bumblebee has already told the others our idea. I like Rangeblade suggested time in the pool now that Jamie is healed. Cogman immediately goes to get the pool ready once we agree on the idea. After breakfast, and we wait for the pool to heat, Hot Rod takes Jamie to play a video game. Even though Hot Rod and I agreed not to bring this up to Optimus — though we suspect he already knows — I have to point this out to Crosshairs and Drift.

"That is likely," Drift comments after I tell him what I'm thinking, "she won't tell us even if we ask her."
"Even if she told us, it would be hard to help her," Crosshairs sighs.
"What a fragging disaster," I sigh.

Optimus Prime POV
I heard their conversation, but there are still some things to finalize. The trip to the U.S. may cause Jamie to worry. All I can do is hope she'll be around when I can finally tell everyone what I've been working on. For now, I hope we can have a fun day. 

I'm happy Jamie will play with Lightning in the pool.
"I think this pool time will last more than an hour," Bee smiles and takes out his phone, "I'm sure Crosshairs or Drift would take pictures if they weren't part of the game."
I can't believe it's been so long since I heard Jamie laugh and smile. I take out my phone and record a video.

The pool fun lasts three hours before we leave Drift and Jamie alone to enjoy Drift's onsen.
"I think she'll be taking a nap," Lightning jokes, "this was fun."
Crosshairs takes Lightning for a walk down the road. I know he has had little time alone with his sister, but I also believe Lightning now doesn't mind sharing her time with Crosshairs.

???: Seriously?! Videos?!
OP: It won't be long before you can see everyone again.

Crosshairs POV
Lightning is quiet while we're walking down the street. I thought she'd be talking about how worried she is about Jamie. Maybe asking about what I did after we got separated. 
"Strange, you're quiet," I comment after twenty minutes of silently walking down the road.
"What's there to talk about?"
I can tell she's sad and worried about Jamie. There are still signs she's feeling guilty about what she did, but she's right; there's not much more we can do but what we've been doing. It's going to take time.
"Everything will be ok," I assure her as I hug her. 
I swear it's like we can't be happy for longer than a few hours.

We return to find out Lightning was right; Jamie is asleep.
"Told ya," she elbows me.
We know depression is contributing to Jamie's tiredness, and that's not great. We'd rather think three hours in the pool made her tired, but she's a fighter, and three hours in the pool wouldn't tire her out.
We find out Cade and Prime are going to the U.S. but should be back before the beach day we're thinking of doing. Both are concerned about leaving even though things are a lot better.
"Gee, Jamie, you have Cade and Prime worried about leaving with you depressed," I comment as we stand in the hallway by her room, "I wish you understood how much you're loved." "'And that she has three more Autobots that love and care about her," Lightning adds.
Hot Rod and Rangeblade nod in agreement.
"She needs time," Optimus explains, "I dread saying she's not used to this even after all these years and the friends she has."
We know this will take a while, but things are much better than seven months ago.