Ch. 17

Drift POV
I hate this; the one I once loved is seriously injured. Lightning had Jamie come by to help Rangeblade, but that resulted in Jamie believing Crosshairs harmed Rangeblade. I've never seen Jamie leave the dimension so quickly. It might have been a good thing considering the fight Hot Rod and Crosshairs had, and Crosshairs leaving for four days. Things keep getting more complicated. I'm not leaving until everything is ok here. Jamie told me to contact her when Rangeblade wakes up. Something tells me it's not just to see that Rangeblade is ok.

Crosshairs walks into the barn and sits on the berth close to Rangeblade's. It's not long before we hear Hot Rod yelling, displeased not only is Crosshairs back but also sitting five feet away from Rangeblade's berth.
We hear Prime yelling as Hot Rod runs towards us. Crosshairs is going to be pissed at me.
"Come on."
I grab his wrist, and we run out of the barn towards the house before activating our holoforms and going up to my room.

"I told Prime I couldn't come back," Crosshairs says while sitting on my bed.
"That will not resolve anything."
I think I'd rather he'd be mad at me for taking him to hide than this; so much sadness and regret.

It's quiet for a few minutes until Hot Rod barges in with a knife used to cut raw meat in hand. He doesn't care; bipedal mode or holoform, he wants to hurt Crosshairs.
Crosshairs shoves me onto the bed, out of the way, and Lightning begs Hot Rod not to fight Crosshairs.

Crosshairs POV
He seriously wants me dead! Are they not telling me Rangeblade will die? Scrap.
"You piece of scrap," Hot Rod yells as he runs towards me.
I dodged his first attempt to stab me.
"Hot Rod, stop!" I yell while dodging his attempts to stab me. He's going to keep trying until he succeeds, pushing me onto the floor and stabbing me in the abdomen: pushing the knife deep. All I can do is scream in pain.
"GET OUT!!" Drift yells and pushes Hot Rod towards the door.
"CROSSHAIRS!!" Lightning yells.

Drift POV
Fear is on Crosshairs' face as blood rushes out from the stab wound.
"Go get help!" I order Lightning.
Crosshairs stares at me; I can tell in his eyes; he's begging me to help him. I can reach a blanket hanging on the edge of the bed.
Crosshairs doesn't make a sound as I press the blanket on the wound. Not as effective with the knife still in Crosshairs, but I can't remove it here. Crosshairs is unconscious within seconds.

The scene once Hound and Prime get to the room was chaos. I watched, but I heard nothing until...
"This carpet is a mess!!" Cogman rages, "ruined!!"
The blood...is he....?
I don't feel Vivian take my arm and lead me to another room.

"Lie down," she instructs.
I did as she told me, but lying down makes me feel dizzy.

Vivian POV
I know he's going to pass out; at least now he'll be safe. It's right at night; hopefully, Drift will sleep all night.
I take off his boots and cover him with a couple spare blankets before getting a pitcher of water and a glass.
"You need to drink water when you wake up," I tell Drift as if he can hear me, but he's asleep.
How likely is he going to have nightmares about what happened?

Cogman is raging about the carpet as I walk by the room. He's going to be busy with the carpet for a while.

I'm about to walk out of the house when Lightning runs in, bawling.
Fuck, this isn't good.
I take her into the living room and let her cry as I hug her.
He was afraid he'd lose his sister, don't let it be the other way around.