Ch. 19

Crosshairs POV
Two days have passed; Hound tells me about my injuries but is doing a horrible job avoiding the fact that Jamie came by to heal me. I know with the injuries I had, I would have needed surgery. No way I'd be able to recover in my room this soon after surgery. I'm not sure if I'd still be unconscious or not. Hound couldn't lie about my injuries either. The knife went deep in my abdomen.
"Yes, she came here," Hound finally replies in a sad tone.
I did hear my two femmes cry. It's likely why I'm not entirely healed. At least Jamie was able to concentrate and heal my internal injuries.
"Good news is you'll be fully recovered in a week," Hound tells me before leaving.
Which might mean I can get off IV medication in a few days. Aside from going downstairs to eat with everyone, there's not much I'm missing out on. Everyone, but Hot Rod, comes to visit once a day. Of course, Drift, Lightning, and Hound come by several times a day.

Hot Rod POV
I tried to contact Jamie to apologize after the message she sent me. Jamie could threaten no one; instead, she sent a crushing video message. I couldn't make out everything she said, but hearing her cry hurt. I can't show Drift this, but I worry about her.

"You need to show Drift this," Prime insists, "it wasn't wise for you to wait this long to show me." "She wouldn't...?"
"I don't know."

I know how to get to Jamie's dimension.I didn't think Lightning would want to come with me.
"I need to talk to her," she tells me.
"Why do I hear guilt in your voice?"
"Because it's my belief Rangeblade is lost and needs guidance that's ruining friendships." "You're right, though. The issue is Rangeblade is — was — a con, and that's not something that can be forgotten. Crosshairs wants to protect you and Jamie, but it caused a mess. Just like I did thinking I'm protecting Rangeblade."
I show Lightning the video Jamie sent me.
"So, she doesn't know Crosshairs has been recovering? Why would Prime not tell her?" Lightning frets.
"I didn't know he didn't. I watched him carry Jamie through the portal as she cried after seeing Crosshairs and healing him. I thought he would have told her when Crosshairs woke up and how his recovery is going."
"I think Drift needs to come with Prime and us."
|
Within ten minutes, we have plans. Crosshairs is displeased he can't come with us since he's still on IV painkillers and Hound just started an infusion. It's a pain to go anywhere with an IV pole.
"I think she needs to come back and see Crosshairs is ok," Drift suggests.
"Hopefully, she's back in her dimension," Prime worries.

Optimus Prime POV
Drift, Lightning, Hot Rod, and I go to Jamie's dimension. Drift is uncertain about letting Hot Rod come with us. This is without him seeing the video message Jamie sent Hot Rod. Jamie is at the training grounds, training alone, which is unusual.
"LEAVE!!" she yells while shooting fire at Hot Rod.
"Stay back, Hot Rod," I order."
She rarely uses fire bending, and at this moment, she's furious," Drift adds, before slowly approaching Jamie.

Hot Rod POV
I don't know all of Jamie's powers, but I can tell she's furious at me and believes Crosshairs is dead.
"I shouldn't have come," I whisper before stepping back. I should leave, but I can't while Jamie is like this, even if they'll bring her back. I can't believe what I've done.

Crosshairs POV
They've been gone for three hours. This can't be good. It's only two in the afternoon; doubt Jamie is asleep, and the others are waiting for her to wake up.
Hot Rod walks in, sits on the edge of the bed, and sighs.
"I'm sorry," he apologizes, "I never want to see her that angry again, but I likely will... often."
He tells me what happened. I didn't tell him that's not the angriest Jamie can get.

Hot Rod POV
Crosshairs gets a text from Drift telling him Jamie is frightened and furious. He'll be staying with Jamie in her dimension for a while. I know she's furious at me, but I hate she's still frightened. Unless there's another reason besides Crosshairs' injuries. I leave the room before Crosshairs can yell at me.

"What a mess," I hear Cade comment, "Crosshairs doesn't trust Rangeblade, though It's clear he won't hurt her. Hot Rod wants to protect Rangeblade to the point he'll hurt anyone. Jamie knows, and I think she hates him. The only good has been Bee, Hound, and Hot Rod attempt to spend time with Rangeblade, though they may still not agree with letting her stay on the team." "This is a complicated situation," Prime tells him, " unfortunately, we'd likely be in this position if we started my plan immediately even though Jamie had to leave."
"Damn and getting things to where they should be is going to take a lot of time and work. I hope it doesn't involve more injuries."
"I was worried about Crosshairs and Rangeblade's injuries; I failed to think about how seeing Crosshairs injured would affect Jamie, but... Crosshairs would have died without Jamie's help, and it never crossed my mind to tell her how he's doing," Prime sighs.
Fuck, I know I am the one who hurt him, but I feel sick hearing Crosshairs would have died. Now I've caused more problems.

Hot Rod: I am so sorry, Jamie.
Jamie: YOU TRIED TO KILL CROSSHAIRS!! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!
Drift: leave her alone. You got her crying again.
Crosshairs: I'll be ok, Jamie.
Lightning: you have no idea how much Hot Rod regrets this, Jamie.

Drift: leave her alone for now.

I can't leave her alone, even if Drift means a day. What can I even do to show Jamie I'm sorry? Is she going to come back after this scrap?

"So, are we having a Christmas party?" I hear Cogman ask Vivian.
Oh fuck, even if it's twenty-five days until Christmas, I'm worried about how ruined Christmas will be.