Ch. 33

Crosshairs POV
We've been busy going on tours the past three days. I think Lightning is feeling like she wants to go home sooner than two weeks. 

"You can tell me if you want to go home sooner than we planned," I tell Lightning as we enjoy breakfast. 
"I don't know; I like our time together, but I'm missing the quietness we had back at Vivien's." 
Compared to the city, it is quiet at her house, but there's arguing about the current situation; not exactly quiet. 
"Then we can leave on the second to our next destination, and no, I'm not telling you where." 

Today is new year's eve, and I have found where the fireworks are happening in the city. Maybe we'll go to s bar. Lightning is going to the spa for the day. For a girl who felt uncertain about this suite, she gave in to getting the most expensive package at the spa. 
"So are we going to sit here and enjoy the view for the next hour?" Lightning asks. 
"Good idea." 
I've been avoiding texting Drift, worried Lightning will check my phone, but I'm going to call him while she's at the spa.  I'll never be able to get used to this. 

Lightning takes pictures of the view after breakfast before getting ready to go to the spa. We have plans to go to the pool when she gets back. Though it's called a day at the spa, it's only four hours. 

Lightning POV
I know I wouldn't be able to get Crosshairs to come with me. Well, maybe he'd sit in the sauna with me but not get the facial, massage, or mud bath. I discover we wouldn't be together during the mud bath anyway. While I'm here, I decide to book a last-minute manicure and pedicure. It's really not me, but I will just this once. Crosshairs will have more time alone, and I think I know what he's doing.

"You are very tense," the masseuse comments, "relax."
I doubt they want to hear why I'm so tense, and It's best not to tell anyone.

Five hours later, and I feel a little more relaxed. Crosshairs may or may not like that. I got my nails painted, so I don't want to go in the pool today. Though he might like it's a nice green. Sure, the polish shouldn't be removed this quickly, but I don't want to go out tonight with chipped polish, and I'd rather not take the chance.
"Fine, we'll wait until tomorrow," Crosshairs sulks while smiling.
"Ok, well, I'm off to find an outfit for tonight. I didn't know you wanted to go out on New Year's Eve," I tell him as I get some money from Crosshairs' wallet. Crosshairs asked for a good amount of money even though Vivian gave us a credit card.
"Maybe get your own wallet or a purse while you're at it," Crosshairs jokes, "also, why can't I come?"
"I didn't think you'd want to watch me try on clothes, and maybe I want to surprise you."
"Fine," he sulks, making me laugh. 

I didn't know Crosshairs had plans for tonight, but I want a short black dress rather than the red dress I wore at Thanksgiving, so I'd be going out even if I knew. I tell Crosshairs this shouldn't take longer than two hours. 

I didn't have to search long for the perfect dress and heels. I did bring the trench coat Crosshairs got me. I decide to take the time to find a few souvenirs. 

Two hours flew by, I rush back to the hotel room to get ready for the night. Even though fireworks aren't until midnight, Crosshairs has other plans. Though aside from dinner at a nice restaurant, I have no idea what he has planned. 

"So that's why you're late," Crosshairs says as he sees what I bought before telling me we're not leaving until seven. I have time for a bath rather than rushing with a shower.  

Crosshairs POV
This has been a great vacation. I think Lightning will like our next destination. It's been hard to hide my sadness about the scrap going on. All I can do is pray to Primus. I may have added to our problems by telling Drift not to call or text me. I know Jamie will not be happy, and I'll have a hard time hiding my sadness. The problem is she likely is depressed being told not to contact me.  
I go out to the balcony to try to clear my mind. 

Seventy-five minutes pass before Lightning walks out of the bathroom. I know she was in the tub for an hour. I can't believe how beautiful my sister looks.  
"Maybe we shouldn't go out; I don't want guys trying to hook up with you," I joke.
She laughs as she grabs her heels and puts them on. Lightning also got a small black purse with a long strap. She puts the bag over her shoulder before putting her trench coat on. 
"I don't think guys will bother me when they see we both have green trench coats," she points out.  

Lightning is shocked we have a reservation at a fine dining restaurant. It's our last night here before I take her to our next destination. I can tell she's had enough of the city.   
"One last way to spoil you here, before we leave," I smile. 

The food is amazing as it should be for being damn expensive. Lightning and I give in and get one alcoholic drink. We're going to a bar after the fireworks. Lightning finally tells me what I've been waiting for her to tell me, but I hate how she's nervous to tell me she wants to go to our next destination since she can decide to stay for weeks or go somewhere else rather than back to Vivien's.  

We walk to a bar on the river Thames where a New Year's Eve party is happening. Though now I'm not sure if I'll tolerate human men looking at my sister for four and a half hours until the fireworks.  

Human alcohol is not as great as high grade, but some drinks are good. Alcohol doesn't have as much of an effect on us as humans. We could drink at least double the amount it takes for a human to get drunk, but I don't want to alarm the bartender. Lightning doesn't want to drink much, just like I don't want to do much dancing, but she insists.  

Three hours pass before we've had enough of the party and bar.
"Well, we can still see the fireworks from our hotel room if you want to go back."
"Na, it's nice sitting here watching everyone else have a great time," Lighting tells me, "it's our last night here, maybe for a while or for good; might as well enjoy the time here than in the hotel room." 

An hour and a half pass by quickly. The eleven-minute firework show is amazing.  
"Shame I can't let you sleep while I drive to our next destination," I joke as we walk back to the hotel. 
"Funny, well since it's not going to be a surprise—." 
"Oh, I can still surprise you. Besides, we still have one more day here, or more like at the hotel, even if it's just at the pool and our room." 
"As long as it's not another city. Four days is enough. Though I want to see the rest of Europe. I got to this continent a week before a ran into you." 
"Well, summer is a fun season to go on a road trip."
Thankfully, Lightning agrees with this idea; joking, she's become lazy and wants to go back to Vivien's. Humans are right; summer is a good time to travel on vacation — or on the run — but I also hope this shit is over in a good way and the others will join us. 

We stop by the hotel bar for one last drink before going to our room and going to bed.