My favorite

YOUR POV
I may have been overly excited and made a big deal out of something small. Early in the morning I left to go get a bouquet of flowers, roses to be exact. They were Natalia's favorite and I also went to get a haircut because I felt my hair was too long. The hair stylist just cut off the blonde ends and left me with my brunette locks. My hair wasn't as short as Steve's it was more Pietro's length. To be honest I didn't like it long but Nat wanted to run her fingers through something so I kept it. As I got closer to her door I decided that the whole bouquet was too much and I pulled out the perfect rose from the bunch and kept it. I bumped into Wanda in the hallway so I handed her the rest. "Why do I want this?" She asked me confused. "Because you're an amazing friend. So enjoy." I patted her shoulder before preparing myself to knock on Nat's door. As soon as I stepped in front of her door to knock it swung open. "Oh hey was just coming to see you." She spoke eyeing me. Like a dumbass I just stood there with a dumb look on my face it took her smiling at me to snap out of it. "Hey. Here sorry." I mustered out handing her the rose. "Thank you. Is there any specific reason behind this?" She asked ushering me inside her room. "Yes, for our date. If that's fine with you?" I said nervously. Natasha's face lit up and I took that as a yes. "Of course that's fine with me. Where are we going?" Curiosity taking over as she set the rose on her desk. "Actually I was hoping right here would be ok with you?" I stated. She turned to me with slight confusion before nodding her head. "So what exactly are we doing in here?" Slight seductiveness in her tone. "As much as I would love to do you..." I mumbled. "We're going to listen to the Beatles and Queen." I rubbed my hands together in excitement. "Oh no." She groaned. "You agreed to this so it's your fault." I blamed her playfully. "I so wanted you to forget." She admitted. "Sadly that's impossible." Sending her a cheeky grin. She flipped me off playfully and I just stuck my tongue out at her before grabbing the record player and setting it up. "Are you sure this is a date and not a torture session?" Letting her humor float like a piece of wood at sea. "I think you'll find this actually quite fun." I said unamused. Natasha just chuckled at me while laying on her bed on her back looking up at the ceiling. It took me about 2 minutes before I joined her and laid right next to her. "Just listen to it red. If you don't like we won't have to do this again and you can put it in your diary of worst dates ever." I joked while also being slightly serious. "I don't have a diary you big doofus." She laughed while nudging my side. The first song of 'Here comes the sun-Beatles' started playing and we just sat in silence as it played. "How was that one?" I asked turning to look at her. I looked over all of her features as she continued to look up at the ceiling. Her nose was perfect and her lips were nice and plump. Her skin had a slight glow to it even though she was very light and how her eyes looked darker from the side. "It was good. Not something I would necessarily listen too but it wasn't bad." Letting a smile onto her face. "Glad you liked it red." I sighed in content. The other songs played and we just sat there looking at the ceiling in comfortable silence. Finally we got through the whole thing and it took us about 30 minutes. "Did you like it?" I asked sitting up to change the record. "It wasn't bad but only the first song really stood out to me." She said honestly. I felt slightly disappointed at how this wasn't going as well as I thought it would. "It's ok I'm not a huge Beatles fan but I just wanted to show you something different you know?" I responded while laying back down next to her as Queen started to play. "I'm loving this. It's a way of intimacy in another way." She reassured me. Natasha turned towards me knowing I was worried she wasn't liking this idea. I turned to to look at her and I couldn't even hear the music anymore as all my attention was stuck on her. "My favorite color is green." I said randomly. "My favorite color is ruby red." She responded not even remotely affected by my outburst. "Do you know why I like the color green?" I continued. Her eyes never left mine as we both just enjoyed each others presence. "Do elaborate." She laughed lightly. "It's the color of your eyes. I've always been a fan of the color green like there was something about it that always caught my eye. It wasn't until I met you that I found the real purpose." I confessed while moving a strand of hair behind her ear. Natasha wasn't a big blusher so to even get that type of affection from her you knew it was real. Here she was blushing at the fact I told her I was madly in love with her eyes, her in general. "Sorry I don't have that deep of an explanation for mine. I just feel it suits me." She explained while moving slightly closer. "No need to apologize Natalia." Using her full name just o watch her squirm. "Not everything has or needs an explanation." I responded. She nodded her head at me and then, 'I want to break free -Queen' started playing. "You might want to listen to this song it's one of the best ones." I said moving closer. We were both merely inches apart. I could feel her breath and how her heart was pounding and it seemed as if it would go through her chest.

NATASHA POV
"I've been listening this whole time." I scoffed playfully. "Have you not been?" I asked confused. "I have. I'm more focused on how to stop your heart from exploding out of your chest." She joked. Only if she knew the butterflies that were in my stomach and how my head was spinning. "If only you could feel it." I teased. Y/n just rolled her eyes at me before continuing our playful banter. "If you wanted me to touch your boob all you had to do was ask." She joked. "Ask me out first damn." I continued to our playful antics. Y/N's face seemed shocked and didn't really know how to respond to what I just said. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable in any way. She sat up still looking at me which made me sit up out of curiosity. Y/n tried to hide the smirk on her face but I knew she was thinking of something. "What?" I asked suspiciously. In a second Y/n grabbed both my hands and interlocked our fingers. "Natalia Romanova." She started. "That's my name." I shot back which made her laugh and shake her head. "Will you do me the great honor and be my girlfriend?" Y/n asked slight nervousness in her tone. I was slightly surprised by her asking so early but at the same time it felt like there was no better time to ask. "Of course I will." Letting go of one of her hands and placing it on her cheek. "Permission to kiss you M'lady?" Using a more formal playful voice. "Permission granted young knight." Playing along with her because moments like this were special. Y/N's beautiful smile grew and she leaned in and kissed me gently and it made my whole body light up with a fire and a desire that I've been wanting for so long. After a while I needed to pull away for air and we both had fat grins our faces and Y/n plopped back down on the bed with a sigh in content. Not even a moment later I laid next to her cuddling into her side. The music had still been playing in the background. "What changed your mind?" Y/n blurted out. It caught me off guard but she deserved to know. "Honestly I regretted it the moment you left. After you left it felt like a part of me was gone. Like I was missing something essential in my life. When you came back I started to feel more put together but there was still a void In my heart." I confessed. It was hard to admit this out loud but it was the truth, as much as I hated it she was my rock. Y/n knew vulnerability was something I didn't like if it was out in the open but I was safe with her. "Do you still have concerns?" She asked hesitantly while holding me tighter hoping she wouldn't lose me again. "Not as many as I did before. I was so caught up on the 'what if's?' That I missing the whole point of this relationship. We wouldn't be together if we didn't want to spend the rest of our lives together at some point." I sighed deeply. "I don't blame you for having concerns. I know this is all still new to you and I'm not going to push anything. Even if you want to break up right now I'll let you..." This is one of the main reasons I'm so madly in love with Y/n Stevens. She is so selfless that she is willing to break her own heart to someone else's can survive. "Y/n I'm not going to break up with you right now. Or anytime soon, just as long as you stop calling me red you have nothing to worry about." I joked trying to lighten the mood. "I don't know why you're acting like you don't like it. Pet names aren't really your thing but 'red' makes you feel a type of way." She teased. I could just see the smirk on her face without even looking at her. "Shut up. дорогой. (Sweetheart in Russian)" I shot back knowing she hated that name. "Ugh really princesa? (Princess in Spanish)"  God I hated that name but I brought it upon myself. "Fine you win. But Tasha is definitely my favorite name." I whined while scooting even further into her if that was even possible. The music stopped playing and Y/n quickly turned off the whole thing and came back and laid with me. "Are we going to tell the team or keep it a secret? We could also see how long it takes them to figure it out." Y/n started running her fingers through my hair. I also noticed how hers was shorter but she kept it just long enough for me to run my hands through. "Wanda definitely already knows but I'd like to keep it a secret for now. Also it'd be funny to act like we still don't like each other. It makes everyone else uncomfortable and their faces are priceless." I responded. Y/n couldn't help but laugh at what I said before quickly getting up and hiding under my bed. "What are you doing?" I asked concerned. "Steve is coming act like I was never here." She whispered shouted at me. I just rolled my eyes at how she was taking this seriously like we were a teenage couple that hid the others from their parents. About a minute later a knock on my door came. "Hey Steve." I greeted the super soldier. "Hey Nat. Have you seen Y/n?" He asked nervously. "No. Why would I have seen her?" I asked confused. "I don't know I was just wondering because the guys want to play football." He said sheepishly. "If she drops by I'll let you know." I said unamused. "Thanks Nat." He nodded before walking away. I quickly closed the door and Y/n scrambled from underneath my bed. She started to walk towards the door before I stopped her. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To play football. They're going to get their asses kicked." She exclaimed. "Oh my lord. I'll see you later?" I laughed at her. "Yes. Bye." Giving me a quick peck before leaving. This will go in my 'diary' of best date ever.