Connections

YOUR POV
After helping Steve and Tony while also ruining the training room you decided to shower and try to go to bed. Sleep hadn't been in the picture for 2 days and normally you would've at least gotten a nap in but you just couldn't sleep. Taking a shower would help but honestly it just made you space out and you were so caught in your thoughts you didn't even realize you were in the shower for 2 hours. Well fuck you thought to yourself as you just put on a sports bra and some shorts to sleep in. Jumping onto your bed like a five year old you laid on your back and stared at a spot on the ceiling. At one point you did end up closing your eyes but of course you woke up to another nightmare. This nightmare was different this time, it was about Bucky. This dream caught you off guard because you haven't had a nightmare about Bucky in decades. You've never felt like this after a nightmare, it was like you could feel him and that he was still alive somewhere. It shook you to where you didn't even want to close your eyes again. Bucky meant a lot to you he was like another brother and you loved him but when he died something in you snapped and then losing Steve too at one point broke you. After Howard let you go you went off the rails again, that was probably the hardest time in your life. You realized you had sweat on your face so you decided to throw some cold water on you. When you looked up into the mirror you saw your eyes glowing gold. It startled you which caused you to take a step back, you eyes never glowed unless you went rampage or if your magic was trying to tell you something. You checked the time and it was 12am so everyone was asleep you memorized their sleep schedules so you wouldn't bump into anyone while you were up. While sneaking down to the Kitchen you tried to forget about the dream and just get a glass of water and maybe a blood bag would fix your eyes. While you drank your water you decided to sit on the counter and just enjoy your blood bag. Again you drifted off into your thoughts and you couldn't shake the feeling about Bucky, this caused you to not even hear Natalia walk in. It brought you out of your thought when your senses caught Natalia's scent. "What are you doing up Natalia?" You questioned without even turning around to look at her. "I could ask you the same thing. I don't think I've seen you sleep since you've been here." Walking towards where you sat which caused you to jump off the counter. "I'm fine Natalia it's nothing to worry about." Waving your hand at her hoping she would get whatever she needed and go back to bed. "If it was nothing then why won't you turn around to look at me?" At this point she already moved closer to you and the only thing blocking her was the counter in between the both of you. As much as you wanted to open up to Natalia and tell her everything you knew it would only push her away and you didn't want to scare her. "It was just a nightmare Nat please get what you need and get back to bed." Hopefully by calling her Nat she would back off enough to get the hint but not be upset about it. You heard shuffling behind you so you figured she left until you turned to see her right next to you. As an immediate reaction you closed your eyes hoping she didn't see how they were probably still glowing. "Y/N?" She called out while reaching up to touch the side of your face. Her hands were so soft and the way she touched you was so gentle and you could just melt at her touch. "Y-yes?" Whispering just enough to where she could barely hear you. "Please look at me Y/N" It broke your heart to hear her beg but at the same time you didn't want her to leave you. Out of everyone in your whole life you've never wanted anyone to stay so badly. "Promise me you won't run?" Pleading as you thought about opening your eyes. "I promise." When she said this something inside you told her she truly meant it and wasn't going anywhere. Slowly you started to open your eyes and when you finally opened them you locked eyes with her emerald eyes. "Y/N how long have your eyes been glowing?" She questioned you still standing infront of you. You turned to check the time and it was 12:15 am so honestly you weren't 100% sure. "About 20 minutes or so? I woke up like this so it could've been longer." Turning back to look at her to see she had sympathy in her eyes. "Ok well has this happened before?" Rubbing the side of your cheek with her hand. "N-no. After nightmares it's happened once but it went away pretty quickly. It's never lasted for this long..." Mumbling on the last part because honestly you didn't know what was wrong with you. Natalia was silent for a moment but you could see her thinking, even though she had started to let you in she still blocked you out of her mind. "This probably isn't going to work but it's also the only thing I could think of." Placing both of her hands on each side of your face. "I'm willing to try whatever." Still remaining eye contact with Natalia. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath ok? Then focus on the sound of my voice." She instructed and you reluctantly did as you were told. Closing your eyes and taking a deep breath even though you didn't need to breathe, you heard Natalia hum something then felt her lips press against yours and in that moment she was all you thought about. Finally she pulled away and you still had your eyes closed, "Open your eyes now." She stated and you could hear the slight nervousness in her voice. As you opened your eyes hers widened, "Did it work?" You questioned still confused by her expression. "Yes! It worked." Pulling you into a hug which you tensed in at first but finally relaxed into. "Natalia Romanova. You just said fuck it and decided to get a free kiss in didn't you?" Pulling away from her to look her into her beautiful eyes again. "Maybe I did and maybe I didn't. But how'd you know it was Romanova?" Confused on why you knew her last name because she never actually told you. "You let it slip when you told me your real name. I didn't want to take that moment from you and think I was in your head." Rubbing the back of your neck hoping she wasn't upset with you. "Oh. I'm not upset with you just a little caught of guard that's all. Also I like the way you say my name." Winking at you before checking you out again. "I bet it turns you on. Also that's why you haven't stopped checking me out since the first time we met. Natalia Romanova doesn't know how to keep her eyes to her self." Pulling her into you where as your body touched her and you could feel her abdomen through her clothes. After you said that you saw her cheeks turn a bright pink and you knew you made her flustered so instead of backing off you decided to lean in and once your lips barely were touching you pulled away and walked towards the elevator. As you walked closer to the elevator you laughed to yourself because teasing her was the funniest thing in the world. "Y/N Stevens! I know you did not just leave me here!" She called out which would've woken up everyone else if she had kept going. To make sure she didn't wake any one up you sped towards her and grabbed her by the waist and sped back to the elevator. "Now Natalia will you shut up if I wake up next you tomorrow?" Trying to bargain with her to make sure no one else got involved in this. Contemplation was written all over her face before she finally gave in which made you smile. "Deal." Turning to look at your exposed torso again which made you roll your eyes. This woman was something entirely different.

NATASHA'S POV
I had woken up from another nightmare thirsty and to my surprise Y/N was up and sitting on the counter. I didn't even get the chance to announce myself before she questioned me. She didn't even turn to talk to me which I thought was odd. As soon as I started walking closer she hopped of the counter and still faced away from me. Why was she shutting me out? She had been so open with me before and one nightmare all of a sudden changes that? I wasn't going to back down even though when she called me Nat it threw me off. Finally I saw the problem, she was scared that her eyes that were glowing were going to make me run. But out of everyone I've ever met Y/N didn't make me feel like I needed to run. I was right where I needed to be, with her. After a moment to think of what to do a random idea popped into my head. What if I got her to only think about one thing only and maybe it would cause her focus to shift which would help with the glowing eyes. Also I wanted to kiss her so badly again so hopefully this wasn't just some desperate attempt. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath ok? Then focus on the sound of my voice." I instructed hoping she trusted me enough to agree. Without hesitation she did as she was told and you continued with the plan. I had started humming to make sure she was listening the finally I pulled her into a gentle kiss which lasted for only a moment because you didn't want to take advantage. It worked perfectly and you had absolutely no idea how. I pulled her into a hug and I could feel her abs and all of her muscles because she was shirt less and only had a bra. What threw me off was when she called me Romanova. God the way she said my name was beautiful but I never told her my name. "How'd you know about Romanova?" I questioned confused on how she even go this information. Then it clicked, I probably let it slip when I was telling her about my real name. Y/N had this affect on me, I've never blushed before in my life but when she called me out on checking her out I froze. She had leaned in and I thought she was going to kiss me when our lips were barely apart but suddenly she pulled away and walked away. I hated being teased it was like a pet peeve but from her it was such a turn on. "Y/N Stevens! I know you did not just leave me here!" I yelled making sure she heard me loud and clear. What I didn't anticipate for was here speeding over to me and dragging me to the elevator with her. "Now Natalia will you shut up if I wake up next to you tomorrow morning?" She questioned as she pushed the elevator to our floor. Out of everything she's ever asked you never in a million years did you ever think she'd had to sleep next to you. Immediately you wanted to say yes but to mess with her you decided to act like you were think about it before you finally spoke out, "Deal." Turning towards her to check her out again which you knew she picked up on and you couldn't help but let a smirk slip. As you both walked into your room you laid on the left and she laid on the right and it was uncomfortably silent. "Can I?" You questioned gesturing that you wanted to cuddle with her. "Of course." She smiled while lifting her arm up so you could shuffle into her side. "Y/N?" I called out while caressing her abs. "Yes Natalia?" She responded back while stroking my hair. "Do you feel as connected as I do?" It was honestly a bold question but you didn't care. Ever since I met Y/N 3 months ago in the battle of New York I've always felt sort of connected to her but since she's been here it's been overwhelmingly stronger. "Yes. You can block me out of your mind which only other vampires can do or other witches. I can still hear some of them but no one's mental block has ever been like this. You allow me to hear what you want me to hear." She paused for a moment after she said this which caused me breath to hitch for a moment. "Natalia you are different than everyone else, I can feel you even when you're not next to me." Y/N stated which caused me to look up at her. "Would it be crazy if I said I can feel when you're around as well." She stopped stroking my hair and looked down at me which always gave me butterflies. "No. Nothing will ever seem crazy to me." She continued to stroke my hair again and this caused me to lay my head on her chest and just relax. Tiredness had started to take over my body but I wanted to make sure Y/N would still be here when I woke up. "Goodnight Y/N, and if you're not here when I wake up I won't go on another date with you." Yawning at the end because you were finally letting the sleep take over. "I will be here when you wake up, I promise this time. Goodnight Natalia." Placing a kiss on my forehead which made me smile and this was the last thing I heard before finally shutting my eyes.