Suprise

YOUR POV
After getting blown up you didn't think it was going to hurt that bad. Bruce had given you blood as soon as you made it into the medical lab. "Bruce make sure no one comes in here but you and doctor Cho. I'm going to need a lot more blood and rest, I should be fine in 2 days." Barely talking above a whisper because of how injured you were. You saw him nod his head in agreement before wrapping what whatever wounds he could before leaving. After drinking about 4 blood bags you decided to rest because your body needed time to heal the outside and the inside. As you were about to drift off the sleep you heard crying and shouting which sounded like Maria... After everything she was always by your side and it hurt to know that if you were gone she'd probably never be the same. It took me by surprise by how much she really did care it made me smile that I might be falling for this Agent. I had a promise to keep with her and I keep my promises. 15 minutes later after the whole commotion by my door another one sprung out which made me groan internally because if I tried out loud it'd be painful. Clint was shouting and so was everyone else. Even though they all hated to admit it they couldn't function without me because everyone knows they're idiots. These idiots are my family and I'm guessing they are missing me just like I miss them. Finally 2 days had passed and you went through about 25 blood bags and were completely healed. "Hey Y/N how are you feeling?" Bruce asked as he came for your daily check up. "I feel good as new. Thank you for everything Bruce." Getting up to go hug him to where he just laugh and hugged you back. "Um what about the eyes?" He referenced to your eyes that were completely golden because of how much blood you've had in a short amount of time. "Can you get Tony down here? I need some glasses and I want to make a grand entrance with only your knowledge and his." Sending a devilish smile his way before walking back to get another blood bag. "And Y/N is officially back." The scientists scoffed while getting what I asked for. Probably about 5 minutes later Stark bust through the door and runs to you and gives you a tight hug. "Someone obviously missed me. How are you old man?" Pulling away from him to see he looked tired. "It's been hard without you kid. I'm so lonely here without you..." He stated almost crying which made you happy that he cared that much. "I'm not dead Stark but I missed you old man." Pulling him into another hug and you both just stayed like that for a moment. "Alright sulking time is over let's go make everyone else cry for fun. And I need a pair of sunglasses to cover the glowing eyes." I ordered while getting up to look at my self in the mirror again. "Here these should help cover up the eyes." Stark said while handing me a pair of black glasses that indeed cover up my eyes. "What exactly do you want me to say?" The billionaire questioned while coming to stand next to you. "Call a meeting and make it seem like I died then I come out of nowhere and be dramatic. I'll be waiting around the corner." Smiling at the Billionaire while patting him on the back. "Fine. I bet you $20 Clint won't let go of you when he sees you." Stark shot back which caught your attention. "Deal but $20 says Maria and Clint will fight for that spot." Shaking his hand before he went on his way. Bruce witnesses all of this and decided to play along but let Tony do all the talking. Once I heard Stark call the meeting I decided to hide behind a wall and wait for my cue. "As all of you know Y/N was pretty banged up... and Bruce did everything thing he could." Geez Stark could be an actor for a living because he was selling this well and so was Bruce. "Don't tell me she's gone!?" Nat blurted out which caught everyone's attention as well with mines. Since when does she care? She fucking yelled at me for hanging out with my best friend and helping him. I ignored it and I'm guessing Stark did too because he continued which meant my grand entrance was coming up. "Sadly she's..." Here we go! "Sadly she's still here you bozos!" I stated while making myself know to see that all of them looked like shit. Maria looked like she hadn't slept in days and so did Bucky. Clint had tears in his eyes so did Thor and Sam. Steve looked sad and Nat looked like she was going to break. "God you all look like shit. I was gone for 2 days... how the hell did you guys function without me? Well actually I'm guessing you didn't." Laughing nervously because none of them moved an inch. "Stark are they in a state of shock?" I whispered to the side hoping only Tony and Bruce could hear me. Bruce and Tony both shrugged in unison before Maria came charging at me and hugged me like she thought I wasn't real. Not even 10 seconds later Clint, Bucky and Thor all came and hugged me collectively. "Well I guess I was missed." This caused everyone to laugh while they were still crying. Finally they all left me go except for Maria which no one seem surprised by then Steve and Sam came up and hugged me while trying to avoid Maria. "Maria you can let go now you know...?" At first she didn't move but then she slowly released you. "Do that shit again and I'll kill you myself." Using a scary voice which caused you to smile awkwardly and nod before she hit your arm. "Ow. Geez you're feisty already." I joked which caused everyone to laugh but Nat who still hadn't moved from her spot. "Bucky is she still in shock or?" I gestured to the red head standing next to him. But before he got he chance to let me know Nat came up to me and slapped me. "Well I deserved that but glad to know you're still functioning." I joked again which just got concerned looks from everyone. "I hate you." Nat stated before pulling me into a very tight hug. "Yeah I'm not surprised." You responded which still got you confused looks from everyone. Finally after a very awkward hug Nat pulled away and walked away I'm guessing to compose herself. "So Y/N how you feeling? And whats with the glasses? It's 10am and gloomy." Clint stated while wiping his tears away. "I feel good as new. It's just bright right now and the glasses help." They all seemed to understand and nodded in agreement. "Maria will you come with me? I still have a promise to keep." Sending her a smile while reaching out for her hand which she took immediately. "I'll see all of you later. I love you all." Blowing them all kisses which made them laugh and it made you happy to see them all look not depressed anymore. Maria and you were silent the whole way to your room but you could hear her heart pounding and at one point you thought it was actually going to explode. "Sorry it's messy in your room... I've been in here since..." She seemed embarrassed which made you sad that she thought you would even care. "Maria it's fine. Let's go in and talk ok?" Trying to reassure her while you both entered to where she just nodded at you. These past 2 days you barely talked to anyone and now you were talking to the one person who you truly wanted to talk to.

                               MARIA'S POV
I thought I was seeing things when Y/N walked into the room. I wasn't the only one, everyone was frozen in their spots. After I figured out I wasn't seeing things I didn't waste anymore time and hugged Y/N to make sure she was real and she was. Everyone else had gotten their hugs in and tears but I didn't want to let go unless Y/N asked me too. Everyone was probably staring but I didn't care I didn't want to let her go. "Maria you can let go now you know...?" Y/N stated which took me a second to process before I finally let go. "Do that shit again and I'll kill you myself." I stated using a harsher voice then expected which probably scared Y/N because she gave an awkward smile and nod in understanding. I hit her arm playfully to make sure she got the message and she did but it must've been going around because Nat slapped Y/N and everyone seemed surprised except for Y/N of course. After the awkward moment Y/N asked me to talk with her in private and we had never held hands before so this was new. We got to her room and she noticed the covers where messed up and tissues were everywhere along with sweatshirts. "You can keep whatever sweatshirt you want I can always get new ones." Y/N informed me while she quickly picked up everything and made her bed. It looked like nothing had been touched which was good for me. "Here take this one. You've been thinking about it since we got in here. And lay down you look exhausted." Y/N joked as she threw me the blue sweatshirt that I just took off for the first time in the past couple days. "You're such an ass you know?" I spoke out which caused us both the laugh. "Why do you care so much about me?" Y/N blurted out which caught me by surprise. I wasn't really expecting that right away but why lie she could tell if I was anyways. "Well for starters I've always admired you. You're kind, caring, funny, smart and most of all you're unselfish. Every single time I see you you're making some smile and always putting others needs before yours. Sadly you don't care about what happens to you just as long as the ones you love are ok. Ever since I first saw you I've always wanted to be with you... Nat go in the way of that and even now Nat still is in the way but I'm willing to wait as long as it takes." Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. For a moment Y/N didn't say anything but still looked at me. "Maria... it's not like I haven't thought about us. You've been by my side through everything and I want to thank you for that. I also don't want to lead you on because I'm still not 100% over Nat. She's been acting weird lately and I don't know what it's about. If you are willing to wait then who knows maybe we will be together. Also I don't want to lose you as a friend but I want to also be more than friends." After hearing this I felt a sort of relief and it felt good but bad at the same time. We sat in silence for a moment before Y/N spoke again. "How about this? I take you on a date and if it goes well then we'll go on more dates and then we can decide what we want from there." Y/N suggested and it honestly was a good idea to me. "Deal. You're treating me though." I stated while yawning because I hadn't slept in a while. "Of course Hill. Now let's sleep because you look like shit." She joked which caused me to flip her off and she laid next to me and I felt safe and finally fell asleep.