Chapter 7

Hugo POV

That's what caught my and Desmond's attention from our small bickering.

Oh no! What should we say as an excuse?

Umm, we were peeking to see if James is there or not? Nah! She won't buy it.

We were just walking by. Of course not, she knew we are having sleepover so why will we even roam around.

I looked up at Desmond. It looks he is thinking something too.

Desmond! Of course Desmond can distract her highness!

"What do you think you are two are doing here boys?" She raised a brow.

"Umm, D-desmond wants to spend some time with you. And I was going to washroom, so we were in the h-hallways." I tried to be confident.

Key note: tried. Because I failed miserably I was shuttering.

"Umm, yes. I want to discuss with you something, Am." Desmond chimed in.

"Do you think I am gonna buy that? Now you two better tell me the real reason about peeking into Sofia's room or else deal with dad and that also right now." She declared.

What!? Dealing with King Roland is the most hard job ever. You see dad and King Roland are similar in these types of matters.

Just as strict but are a big softie from inside.

Then me And Des glanced at eachother and it seems no choice is left but to tell Amber about it.

Just as I was going to open my mouth a certain burnett cutted me.

"Amber what's with all the voices?" Her voice came muffling because I was leaning against her bedroom door and when she open the door suddenly. I knew that I am gonna fall hard on the ground. As I was waiting for the impact to come but it never come instead I fell on something bony.

I saw from the mirror on opposite side that I fall on that beautiful feisty girl.

Wait a second did I said beautiful? Umm not beautiful as she is not beautiful.

But your hearts says something else, Hugo.

Oh shut up, inside voice!

Okay, but that doesn't mean your heart will listen. As you can't control it.

My eyes widened. How can I even feel something for this girl.

No, I can't! I won't! Not again! I want to but I can't! I am afraid for another heartbreak!

Maybe I like her a little bit, okay a lot, but still I am going to behave like a jerk.

"What the heck!?" She whispered-yelled.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed.

"Hugo, get up! You are choking her!" Amber exclaimed.

"Oh, stand up now! Or I will die! And you will be the one to be blame." Sofia said from beneath me.

I hurriedly got up and offered her my hand to get up like a gentleman.

Hey, I said I will be a jerk but because of her I didn't get hurted I hope she didn't get hurt because of me.

She gladly accepted my hand.

"You ok?" I whispered softly.

"Yeah..." She said as she got up from the floor but soon winced as she tried to move her leg. I guess she hurted it. And that also just because of me.

"I am sorry!" I apologized to fall down on her.

"Nah, it's alright." She said shaking her head.

"No it's not. You are hurted because of me. Let me make it up for you."

"No need for that."

"Please."

She still shakes her head.

"Pretty please, I insist." I made my puppy eyes.

"Oh, don't give me that look......... Fine! As your wish." She shrugged.

I finally saw what she was wearing.

A pink nightwear.

I heard someone hear clearing throat

"You know you both looked so cute. You can be a great couple in future." Amber gushed showing the pic where I was on top of Sofia.

By this moment I felt my ears went red. I secretly glanced at Sofia and saw her face turned Scarlet colour.

Cute!!!

I guess I really like her a lot but I need to maintain the jerk side in front of her.

"Stop it Amber!" Sofia finally said before Amber could embarrass us anymore.

"Ok!" Then she gave us a look which said 'Don't you dare peek in anybody's room in future or you know what I will do.'

And with that she helped Sofia walked towards her bed as she was hurted.

After making sure they are out of sight we both started going back towards the observatory.

"Woah! That was a close shave." I said and Des agreed instantly.

"You know what? We didn't have to give Amber a explaintion all thanks to you because you fell on Sofia and boom we were saved."

"You know you sound more like James right now." I said as grinned at him.

"I know right? I tried to act a little like James at least you smiled because from the time we started walking you were behaving a little odd. Missing Sofia?" He teased.

"N-no why will I even miss her?"

"No? I thought you did! Because I saw that concern in your eyes for her when she winced."

"Des please stop!"

"Ok but last question then I will."

"Shoot!"

"Are you in love?"

'I am in love!?' No way!

"No, why do you ask?"

"You were behaving odd since the time you saw Sofia." He exclaimed.

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"Nope. Not a chance!"

"Yes. There is a chance!"

"Come on Des!"

"Ok, I was trying to make you realise. Anyways it for you to choose. Whatever you choose I will always support you, buddy." With that we entered the observatory.

I am sorry guys! But I guess it's better if I don't write truth and dare scene.

Anyways don't forget to click on this star 🌟! And also hope you like that edit there👆🏻👆🏻. Do comment.

Stay safe! Stay Healthy!
Love,
Navya