Chapter 5

Sofia POV

"Y-yeah I am going there only." I stuttered.

Why did I stuttered?

Hugo just shook his head and we went to sit inside the carriage.

"So? Who have you invited for sleepover?" Amber asked curiously looking at the three boys.

"Zandar, Jin, Frederick, Dereck, and Khalid." Hugo replied before James or Desmond could respond.

James and Desmond nodded their convincing whatever Hugo said was true.

"Great!" Amber exclaimed.

They must have sensed me being quite.

"What happened, Sof? Why are you looking tensed?" James asked me looking concerned.

"Oh, nothing." I faked a smile.

"Come on Sofia, I know something is wrong. I have known you for a year now." Desmond said something that made me froze on my seat.

"A year?" Amber questioned looking very confused. Same goes for James and Hugo.

"Yes a year!" Desmond replied calmly.

"H-how?" James asked looking shocked .

As everyone knew Amber and Desmond are dating they were engaged to each other when they were 16 years old. They might have thought that we were ex-lover or something.

Desmond was about to say something but I don't want him to continue.

"We met due to her fri-..."

"Des stop! I don't wanna talk about it. Can we please drop this topic here everyone." I pleaded.

"No, Sofia. Now it's something I wanna know. Are you going to tell or you want me to use my sources?" Hugo asked with seriousness.

"Why do you wanna know that? What will it help you with?" I asked as I raised my voice.

"I want to know what's going on between you and Desmond." He too raised his voice.

"Oh really-" Before I was about to say something Amber cut me off.

"Stop it you two. And Sofia what's with you not telling us anything. I thought we were sisters we will share everything with each other but what's this!?" Amber yelled.

"Cause I-i don't want to talk about it! Can you guys stop pushing this topic further? And Hugo! Do you even know what happened in past? No, right? That's the reason for you assuming things like that. So please stop assuming anything." I shrieked.

Thank God! We have already reached the castle. As soon as I finished my sentence I hurriedly ran towards my room.

I could hear James shouting.

"Sofia wait!"

Once I reached my room. I closed the doors and went towards my bed and cried there a lot.

I missed her.

I thought living without her would be easy. But I didn't knew that it would be so hard for me to forget her.

I just hope that before that accident I was able to hug her. I know I lost her forever. I miss you bestie.

I suddenly heard a knock. I wiped my tears fastly and said.

"C-come in." I was trying my very hard that my voice would come natural but failed miserably because it came hoarse.

"Sofia. I am sorry. I shouldn't behave that rude." Hugo came inside with Amber, Desmond and James following him.

"It's ok Hugo. It was my mistake anyways, I shouldn't have reacted like that too." I smiled sadly.

"Sof, are you ready to tell us what happened that you don't want to recall it?" James asked softly.

"I guess so. Have seat." I said while pointing at the seats and when they seated there I also went to sit on the window side couch.

Hugo's POV

So finally she was gonna say what's been eating up her.

"I use to have a friend her name was..." She took a deep breath you could clearly see that she was in pain.

"Alana. Alana and me knew eachother from the time we can't even walk properly. We attended school together. We studied together. Basically we did everything together. She used to be my crime partner in everything. We had such a strong bond. We always use to hang out every day. If we weren't able to hang out one day then it always means next day we will have a sleepover. In which we use to have a lot of fun." She smiled recalling every beautiful moment they had together.

"One day, Me and Ally were just walking home together after school. To get home we need to pass this XX street which was the busiest street of Enchacia. We were waiting for traffic light to give the correct signal.

When the traffic light turned red me and Ally were hurriedly going towards the other side of the street but suddenly a car at full speed came and was going to knock me d-down but Ally s-sacrificed her life for me.

And now whenever someone talk things related to Ally I just can't take it. That silly girl r-risked her life to save who m-me?" Sofia was crying while telling us about what happened.

Amber then went to her sister and wrapped her arms comfortably around her.

"Shhhh, Sofia it's ok..." Amber started telling her soothing things and within the next fifteen minutes she was again the feisty Sofia who I knew.

"Still that didn't clear the doubt of you and Desmond knowing each other before you became royal." I asked her but this time softly.

"Oh about that. Ally use to date this guy named Kelvin who was friends with Desmond. So basically we met through mutual friends." She explained.

"Prince James your friends are almost here." Baliewick came inside Sofia's room to see the unusual scene.

"Uh, everything ok here?" He asked looking at us all.

Before any of us could reply Sofia quickly said.

"We are totally fine Baliewick. We were just talking." She said in a cheerful voice.

Baliewick then at all of for confirmation and we nodded.

"Ok then, if anything happens you know you can call me." And with that he left.

"James, Hugo let's go they are almost here." Desmond pulled us back in reality that we need to go downstairs.

And with that we left.

Amber POV

Everything was ok now. Sofia was also fine. After the boys went downstairs to greet their guests me and Sofia started to talk about random things.

Suddenly we heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Sofia asked.

"It's your dad, Sofia. May I come in?" Dad's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Yes, please come in dad." I answered.

"Oh, Amber you are also here." He said.

I nodded.

"What do you want to talk about dad?" Sofia asked curiously.

"About your betrothal." Dad answer with a stern face which he used to for me while telling me the news.

"Yes dad? You told me about it at dinner, right?" Sofia said.

"Yes, and the thing is that we have found a perfect prince for you and even that Prince's parents have agreed for the marriage." Dad said with a smile on his face.

"It's ok dad I am ok by your choice." Sofia said but not with happy smile it was a nervous smile.

"Glad to hear that." Dad smiled and left the room.
***********************
Hey guys! How was the chapter? Hope you like it! And also please click on the star here🌟! And also comment.

Love,
Navya.